Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Restrict Starch In Your Diet?

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Bottom line is, there is NO one way of eating that is perfect for every body.

And anybody who says that there is only one way to eat that is perfect for every body, is trying to sell you something.

We each have to find what works best for our own body.

What works best for me, may not be what works for you, and vice versa.

It really is as simple as that.

Furthermore, it behooves us to listen to our physicians and not quacks....

@itiswhatitis

Exactly!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Bottom line is, there is NO one way of eating that is perfect for every body.

And anybody who says that there is only one way to eat that is perfect for every body, is trying to sell you something.

We each have to find what works best for our own body.

What works best for me, may not be what works for you, and vice versa.

It really is as simple as that.

My 96 year old grandmother passed in 2012 still eating bacon and all that that implies just the way she grew up on.  My other grandmother passed in 2010 at 88 eating nothing but chocolate bars for all three meals.  Said she deserved it and still smoked to the end too.  You just never know about any of it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I love bread, potatoes and all that white stuff.  I can quickly become addicted to any of that and junk food.  But I've all but eliminated all that stuff 10 days ago.  I've been eating only meat (mostly chicken), lots of veggies and grapes.  Except for the cream I put in my morning coffee and a yogurt twice a week.  Amazingly I've lost 6 lbs (my winter weight).  I plan to continue this as long as possible, but my downfall will be in two weeks when I go to Vegas.  Then I'm going to Oink Out for 4 days.

Oh yeah, I have to confess to the sour gummy bears that were staring at me from under the TV stand.

Honored Contributor

I eat fewer carbs than I once did, but that's because as I've gotten older, I need to restrict my calories more, and many carbs have too many calories and too little nutritional value.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I restrict with moderation and common sense.   I have one life and intend to live it.  If I want something, I'm going to eat it.   Nothing is off limits in this house; restricted yes, but not off limits.  

Respected Contributor

Dr Gundry states that potatoes contain lectins and that if you have a sensitivity to them it can cause rheumatoid arthritis as well as leaky gut syndrome.  Beans, cashews also contain lectins as do seeds in tomatoes.  

An interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMtrSTInkq0

http://gundrymd.com/gundry-md/

More about lectins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIqJFnw_K6I

@sidsmom  your thoughts please.  Thanx.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't make an effort to restrict natural carbs, potatoes, carrots, etc. but I do limit packaged carbs; bread, pasta, & rice & pastries.

Honored Contributor

Yes I can. She is the picture of health, and takes wonderful care of her patients

Esteemed Contributor

Millions of people are healthy, eat a balanced diet, which includes meat, and are on NO medications.

As I said, the is NO one perfect way that every single person on this earth should be eating.

If ANYONE says that there is, they are a quack and are trying to sell you something.