Honored Contributor

How Many Second Chances Should A Cheater Get

I was watching GMA this morning and Ozzy Osbourne and his son Jack were on promoting their new series. Ozzy was asked about his marriage and he said it was a bump in the road and he and Sharon were back on track. I wondered what Sharon would have to say. On The Talk she pretty much confirmed what he said. She is free to do what she wants but for me I don't think I could forgive someone over and over again. I would guess this is not the first time he has cheated, I guess he knows that Sharon will always take him back. 

Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Second Chances Should A Cheater Get

Some women just love a man so much, they are willing to keep forgiving his little indiscretions..They tell themselves that it has nothing to do with them, he is just a man and men need variety and blah blah blah.......Pretty soon Ozzie will be too old to cheat!

Honored Contributor

As many as they can get.  The idiot is the one giving the chances.

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

That is up to those involved, and none of my business.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut  Ahh, a follower of "am I my brothers keeper"  We all have had quite a bit of it these last few millennia.  So, then allow me to rephrase the question, "how many chances would you give your spouse?"  What, Wait  maybe that is none of MY business. Sorry....

Honored Contributor

My ex got one chance.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

For me personally it would all depend on the situation and how much lying and humilation was involved, how long the affair occurred, etc. So many things factor in. Once those factors are considered, I MAY give one more chance. May. But never, ever any more than that.

With that said, what someone else chooses to do regarding a serial cheater isn't my business and although I think she is crazy, lol, it is her life, her choices.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it is up to the individuals involved.  Me personally, I don't think I could take it.  Once the trust is broken I think part of the relationship dies.  Things would never be the same so I'm going to say one strike and you're out.  Some men (and women) are serial cheaters but I'm not the kind of woman to grin and bear it. 

Respected Contributor

With me? 0!! For me, I don't have time for that and the drama that comes with it. My motto goes back to the Tina Turner song, " What's love got to do with it?" I know some men and women hang in there, but if a man does that to me I'm out. He never respected nor loved me to begin with IMO.   

Respected Contributor