Honored Contributor

Nice Story About My UPS Delivery Guy

My 88 year old mother lives with me. I always answer the door when the UPS guy comes. Last week I was away at the doctor and my mother was home alone. A package came and my mother being a little slow got to the door as he was heading back to his truck. She tried to bring in the package in herself (it was on the porch and she should not have done this as she walks with a walker). Well she proceeded to lock herself out of the house! It was a hot day, and he saw what happened and just couldn't leave her. He rang my next door neighbor's bell and she came to get my mother and took her into her house. Now I come home (they didn't leave me a note as to where she was), I find her walker and call out frantically MOM, no mom! I finally go to my neighbor to see if an ambulance came for my mother, and my mom is sitting on the sofa like she's just visiting! Anyway my driver asked about her a couple of days later which I thought was very nice. I called UPS and spoke to a supervisor who will pass on what I said to my driver's supervisor. I'm sure UPS likes getting a compliment rather than a complaint!

Honored Contributor

Re: Nice Story About My UPS Delivery Guy

@Jordan2  It was very thoughtful of you to remember to commend the UPS driver.  He'll appreciate that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That is a wonderful story. With all of the bad. News in the world, it is easy to forget that there are responsible and kind people in the world, more of them than we know.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

What a kind, caring man.  Glad that you were able to touch base with the supervisor.  I'll bet that call made their day.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 glad that everything worked out for your mom. It was very thoughtul of the UPS driver to make sure that your mom was safe before he hopped back into his truck and went on with his day. Thanks for sharing this. It's a reminder that we have a responsibility to look out for each other and to care.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jordan2  It was very thoughtful of you to remember to commend the UPS driver.  He'll appreciate that.

People always say what a good job someone's doing, but I'm sure it means more to them if you tell a supervisor or boss. 

Respected Contributor

With all the horrible news out there today, I think we are all really surprised when someone steps up and does the right thing.  There really are some good people out there!

Valued Contributor

My UPS driver stopped in the rain and helped me fish a family of ducklings out of the storm sewer. He saw me on the ground on the street so he stopped. These are great guys!

Honored Contributor

Given how things are today, the poor UPS driver probably got in trouble for it for breaking some company policy!   

Great story though! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First of all, I'm glad your mom is okay and someone caring was looking out for her.

I would definitely let the supervisors of this guy know of his caring, kind actions.

ETA..I see you did that.  Good for you!