Honored Contributor

Re: How Long Have You Been Posting to the Forums?

On 7/23/2014 Topaz Gem said:

That's another puzzling thing for me. I don't generally post in the evenings or weekends, so I miss a lot of stuff, but whenever I saw CA's posts, they were just normal, conversational stuff, certainly nothing worth getting banned over. She rarely posted in political threads and never behaved as a troll, so what the heck were they banning her for? That's more of a rhetorical question, as I don't expect anyone to rehash whatever happened in the past.

It wasn't that she was nasty, I think sometimes her postings contained some adult content. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

On 7/23/2014 SnarkyLips said:

A lot of people were constantly banned who were doing the exact same thing as people who were never banned.

Yeah, why is that? Are they somehow more "noticeable" than others????I often wonder what the banning criteria are....
Super Contributor

I remember when people who changed their nics to Christmas-y nics were all banned. Everyone was like --- whiskey tango foxtrot, QVC? Jeez.

Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 ------ said:
On 7/23/2014 Complicated said:

My first experience with duplicitous posting = Farley

I vaguely remember that name.

She Suuucked me in with her story about needed reputable charities to leave all her money to (animal charities) because she was not going to leave it to her son.

Then there was the time her husband fell thru the roof, but instead of helping him, she was in her car posting to us.

But, in the end she did me a service because by the time Mouse couldn't see the stars in the sky one night, I was much more wise!

And something about going to the airport to pick up her son.

The memory is getting foggy now -- but I remember being duped in the beginning and then being embarrassed for being duped.

Oh I remember the husband incident {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And mousie. What a character.

What was the poster's name who sounded a bit like mouse? The one who talked in very ambiguous terms about space and odd things.

OWS

Super Contributor

On 7/23/2014 stilltamn8r said:

A lot of people were constantly banned who were doing the exact same thing as people who were <em>never</em> banned.

Yeah, why is that? Are they somehow more "noticeable" than others????I often wonder what the banning criteria are....

Why is that? Because I think the webbies are posting with us and have their friends. That's why. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A lot of people were constantly banned who were doing the exact same thing as people who were <em>never</em> banned.

brii and I got banned, together.

lol

Seems like that happened more than once.

LOL

Honored Contributor

She Suuucked me in with her story about needed reputable charities to leave all her money to (animal charities) because she was not going to leave it to her son.

Then there was the time her husband fell thru the roof, but instead of helping him, she was in her car posting to us.

But, in the end she did me a service because by the time Mouse couldn't see the stars in the sky one night, I was much more wise!

The memory is getting foggy now -- but I remember being duped in the beginning and then being embarrassed for being duped.

What was the poster's name who sounded a bit like mouse? The one who talked in very ambiguous terms about space and odd things.

Onewhiteowl or something like that?

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Also, I think some people call corporate and demand their nic be reinstated or they'll stop spending thousands of dollars at QVC. *shrug*

Super Contributor

OWS

Yes, that's it.

Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 7/23/2014 Topaz Gem said:

That's another puzzling thing for me. I don't generally post in the evenings or weekends, so I miss a lot of stuff, but whenever I saw CA's posts, they were just normal, conversational stuff, certainly nothing worth getting banned over. She rarely posted in political threads and never behaved as a troll, so what the heck were they banning her for? That's more of a rhetorical question, as I don't expect anyone to rehash whatever happened in the past.

It wasn't that she was nasty, I think sometimes her postings contained some adult content. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh, I see. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I guess I missed all the good stuff, LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James