Respected Contributor

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-engineer-derails-train-while-trying-to-crash-into-usns-mercy...

Engineer derails train while trying to crash into the USNS MERCY!!!  Man FrustratedMan SadMan Mad

Respected Contributor

This is just bizarre. It explains why I saw a fully armed seaman on the USNS Comfort in NYC on this morning's news. They were just panning the ship with no explanation. It looked odd - why would those ships need to be on alert? They should throw the book at that guy in L.A. then throw away the key!

Honored Contributor

OMG!  That is almost impossible to believe.  It's scary to know that this man had such an important job and went off the rails ( no pun intended)

Honored Contributor

This what happens when conspiracy theories are

commonly discussed on popular media platforms.

Words. Have. Meaning.

(Eduardo Moreno thought the Mercy was there for nefarious reasons)

Honored Contributor

What a world we live in...... Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It's incomprehensible. I had to check several news sources to make sure it was a piece of real news.

It sounds like a mixture of mental illness combine with conspiracy theories. The though has crossed my mind that he could be an instrument of  a domestic terror cell. . Also, there is a segment of the population that thinks everything the fedederal government is evil and they even maintain that FEMA operates concentration camps.

I'm sure we'll find out more later.

The naval ships would  be guarded anyway, because in all seriousness, terrorists could use this crisis as an opportunity to attack. That's a real thing: it's in the Port of Los Angeles and being a floating hospital, it contains medical supplies and chemdicals which are highly combustible. 

Honored Contributor

Yes he's a conspiracy theorist. Hate to say it but these incidents are just going to continue. I hope no one gets seriously injured, or worse.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

This what happens when conspiracy theories are

commonly discussed on popular media platforms.

Words. Have. Meaning.

(Eduardo Moreno thought the Mercy was there for nefarious reasons)

This. We saw it here in Texas when the governor sent the state guard to monitor the military over the Jade Helm conspiracy theory, fueling the paranoia instead of dispelling it. And there was that guy in DC who fired a gun in a pizza place and demanded to be shown the non-existent basement because he believed in Pizzagate. They later linked Russian interference to the Jade Helm paranoia.

Respected Contributor

In his first interview with port police, Moreno admitted crashing the train, saying he was suspicious of the Mercy and believed it had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19, such as a “government takeover,” according to prosecutors.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like he also might have been a sovereign citizen.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.