Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You See Your Life Changing in this Decade?

Hi ya @Sooner 

Let's see! In the year before 2029 I will be 90. As far as till then, I see nothing major changing in my family life, but my older sister will be 87 in a couple weeks, so!

Now I will still be ice skating at least 3 times a week, and working out at home at least twice a week. Financially I will be poorer, cost of living. Health wise?  Live the best life I can for my old body to keep moving.

Seems like many in my wife's family died in their early 90's, including her mother, 1 month before turning 91. 

Finally, "what ever will be will be"!  Now I gotta pack my bag and get ready for my 20 mile drive to the ice rink. Catch ya later now,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

my life really has not change since pre Covid.  I only left the house maybe once every couple of weeks... The only change is wearing a mask now, and not putting makeup on to go out.  Of course the WORRY over catching the virus is concerning and bothersome...  

Honored Contributor

never really thought I would think this, but the more I read about the effects of 2020 on different sets of us, the happier I am to be who I am.  Yes, my life has changed in major ways, but so far the changes have not led to disaster for me.

i didn’t have to fear paying my bills, feeding my children, giving up a job so I could stay home with those kids when their schools are closed.  I didn’t have to go to work fearful I’d bring home Covid.   For me, it’s hard to imagine someone who’s had an easier path to coping than mine.  

Maybe, just maybe, 2021 will be a great year to turn 80 and move into the new normal.  I have no expectation I can live as I did in 2019, but I do expect to have  a typical year - that is, mostly good and always bearable whatever specifics it holds.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have no idea but I do know I don't have much time left above ground so for now...I put on a face shield, carry hand sanitizer, self care by staying positive & do whatever needs to be done for myself & others.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This decade? Life will change drastically for everyone all over the world. What's coming will make this year look rather mild, unfortunately. However, what's coming after that will be amazing! This year has confirmed that we're really close to the good stuff. 

Honored Contributor

I think the saddest thing is all the wonderful people who lost their lives to the virus....so many people affected by losing loved ones...people with hopes and dreams  gone....just so sad and so unfair.😢

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't work and save all these years to now stay home. I plan on traveling if things open up. I plan on having a good time before I get too old. I have no problem getting the vaccine as I get the flu vaccine every year, if it will get us back to actually living life again.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I'm going to go out and do more and have more fun once it is safe to do so. I took it for granted that I could go visit people whenever I wanted. I took it for granted that I could go out for a night on the town with GFs or DH or other couples.

So sometimes I put those things off. Now that I can't do all that, I miss it so much. I value just going and having a good time without worries so much more now. I can't wait to have that again, hopefully in the second half of 2021 and going forward.

But I am patient and prudent and not complaining and I won't just bust out prematurely and behave like someone without any self discipline. Human lives and health come first. Always. And I'm committed to doing my part to keep myself and others safe.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, though greatful for the health of my family Covid has made my life pretty miserable.I'm looking forward to just getting my normal life back.

I want to get rid of the annoying mask. I want the freedom to move about without restrictions.I want to go to restaurants & Broadway plays.I want to attend large gatherings with family & friends.I want to go back to my monthly trips to Atlantic City.I want to get on a plane & go to Aruba & England as I had planned to do this year. I want to be able to kiss & hug family & friends & never let go!!
   Once you hit your sixties you realize that your best years are behind you. I feel there isn't a lot of time to waste. I want to be able to make more memories with my DH, son & DIL while we still can.

I fear that we may run out of time by the end of the decade. Just in case I want to get back to life ASAP.

Honored Contributor

My life has already changed. It changed when I lost my husband in July.

I plan to sell our house and move next spring or early summer and that makes me happy to have something to look forward to, and sad at the same time.  It's going to be interesting which emotion wins out.  But it is the right thing to do.  

I hope that, after such soul numbing, life changing heartbreak, I can find happiness again.    That is what I hope for me personally during this decade.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?