Super Contributor

In Detroit we fold.  No fork and knife necessary.

Honored Contributor

talked to my daughter who lived in rome for six months.

a "regular" neopolitan pizza is eaten with a knife and fork and it is not even cut into slices.

a roman style pizza is cut into squares or rectangles and weighed. depending on how big the piece is, that is usually eaten by holding it in your hands.

there are many areas (Piazzas in particular) where you cannot eat and walk around at the same time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't use a fork.  I just eat the slice from tip to end crust.  Someone I used to know that was from New York did fold it.

Esteemed Contributor

In the St. Louis area, one of the most popular pizzas is a round, thin crust pizza with mostly provel cheese and cut into squares. Pizzas that are cut into triangles are eaten from tip to crust - no folding and no knife/fork.

Esteemed Contributor

If it’s one of those huge slices, I fold in half otherwise I start at the tip and work my way back. I do however have to have regular crunchy Cheetos 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Do You Eat Pizza

[ Edited ]

What I remember about NY pizzas is that a large pizza was HUGE. The slices were humongous and I think that's why they had to be folded.

Large pizza here, the slices are tiny. A two year old can hold it and eat it in no time at all.

I don't know if those I'm seeing now can be folded. The slices are too small, Maybe I'll order a pizza and say five slices please instead of 8. Yea, I'll try that.

Just realizes that 5 slices won't work. It has to be even, so maybe 6 instead of 8.

Esteemed Contributor

I make my own on Naan bread. Yum. Pesto red peppers and mozzarella cheese basil on top. 

Honored Contributor

I live in New Yawk and fold it

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 8.13.11 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey   Now I really want a slice!  It looks so darn good.  My mouth is watering.

Super Contributor

Even though I have a traveled internationally and domestically quite a bit, I realized that I've only eaten pizza in two places - NY (my hometown) and Chicago.  I never even thought that anyone would take a slice of pizza from a pie and not fold it when eatting. How interersting!  I've only used a knife a fork when eating a Chicagoan deep-dish pizza or a Sicilian slice.