Esteemed Contributor

I just tried to send an email to a friend and opened New Message Box. I typed the message but the SEND button on the bottom left wasn't there - the button said SANS SERIF. How do I replace with SEND button?

Respected Contributor

Hi, @kivah.

IDK if you have yahoo, gmail, aol, etc., so the send button could be anywhere....sometimes there's just an arrow.

"Sans Serif' is a kind of font.

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

p.s.!

'Font' is the way the letters are formed.

This is: 'Book Antiqua'.

Comin Sans MS

Impact

Times New Roman

Etc.!

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini

actually a font is a type face, I worked in magazine for design for 20 years

@sabatini wrote:

p.s.!

'Font' is the way the letters are formed.

This is: 'Book Antiqua'.

Comin Sans MS

Impact

Times New Roman

Etc.!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@kivah

Where are you sending the e mail, computer or phone/tablet.

What program are you using and could your take a screen shot so we can see what you are referring to

thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Do I Send an Email

[ Edited ]

I have a desktop - and use gmail. I think it's Microsoft.

I'm computer-challenged due to my age and never owned a cell phone. I have a roomie who will be home tonight - so I could ask him - if I'm not able to send emails. The SEND button was there until this morning - don't know what happened.

Honored Contributor

I suggest you re boot the computer, the send button is in blue and it is the furtuest left 

hope this helps

gmail.png

Honored Contributor

I use Gmail all the time.  believe it or not sometimes just shutting off your computer and restarting helps to clear up a lot of glitches.  Give it a try.

Honored Contributor

Please do not say you are too old the learn, the day you stop learning will be the the day you die

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do I Send an Email

[ Edited ]

@kivah,  As @I am still oxox posted, in Gmail a new message has format options allowing you to choose text size, color, style, etc.   

You don't need to reboot/restart your computer or browser -- just click on the formatting options feature (the letter "A").

When the options are not displayed, the new message looks like this (I added the red arrow).   The letter "A" is the key to using these formatting choices:

image.jpeg

If you hover the cursor over the letter "A" you'll see it's called "Formatting Options."

image.jpeg

You can click on the letter "A" to display the options or click it again to hide them.   

Toggle back and forth to see the details appear and then disappear:

image.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova