Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Do I Send an Email

[ Edited ]

@

Looks like the whole 2nd line disappeared.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

kivah wrote:

@

Looks like the whole 2nd line disappeared.

@kivah,  Before you edited your post you mentioned the other letter "A."   The one I've indicated with a blue arrow does offer background and text colors.   

The one at my red arrow is the one to use for toggling back and forth to hide or display the formatting toolbar.

The blue "SEND" button is to the immediate left of the formatting options "A" as shown here:

image.jpeg

If you don't see the blue button, let us know and tell us which browser you're using (Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari, etc.) so someone here can help.   

Also, if the send button was there before and was working but now is missing...  can you think of anything you changed/updated/reset? 

Do you click on the word "COMPOSE" to start the process of creating a new message?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor
Could it be that you composed the new message, but there is no SEND button visible because you haven't yet entered the email address of the person you're sending to?
Esteemed Contributor

It is my understanding that you need to compose the email then send. New messages are incoming from different people and companies. 

Open Gmail

In the top left , click compose

In the to field put the recipients info; i.e.email address

Add a subject

Type Message

At the bottom of the page click send.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated

I'm going to wait til lmy roomie gets home in an hour or 2.

I don't know what happened. Thx everyone for ur help.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Press the Control key and - (minus) key simultaneously. 

This will zoom out your screen.

It could be that you aren't seeing it because you have the screen zoomed in too far.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Roomie just came home - he's an electrical engineer at the navy base - very smart. He added the SEND button (bottom row) to the Message Box - by clicking the tiny window (left of "x") at the top, right side of page.

Honored Contributor

He maximized the screen

Glad it worked.

@kivah

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software

I don't have the vocabulary to describe anything about the computer - I sound like a 3 yr old. So glad he's my roomie. Saves me lots of aggravation!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

kivah wrote:

@software

I don't have the vocabulary to describe anything about the computer - I sound like a 3 yr old. So glad he's my roomie. Saves me lots of aggravation!!!!

@kivah,  Goodness, no you don't sound like a 3 year old (not that there's anything wrong with that...  said Seinfeld!😉😜).    Even though most people use computers and mobile devices these days, not everyone is into the tech details or terminology.   Don't ever hesitate to ask.   I'm so glad your roomie had the solution.   This kind of thing can be exasperating.    Now you have the answer and all of us have new information, too!   So thank you for posting about this, and for providing a follow-up, too.    Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova