Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:
  1.  I have spent enough time in a hospital as both a patient and a visitor...and believe me, there are some workers that make me wonder how short on staff they have to be to hire some of these people.

@Trailrun23 I agree.  I spent a lot of time visiting my Mom when she was in the hospital.  Most of the doctors and nurses were okay.  But some of them, well, they were not okay.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor
My understanding is she worked in social services.
Honored Contributor

Heartbreaking and we read about cases like that every summer.  I read an article that said it tends to happen when the caregiver is off her or his routine and mentally distracted.  They suggested that driver put their handbag, briefcase, lunch bag or cell phone on the back seat.  When they reach for those things, they'll see the baby.  

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

The OP's point is that the woman works in a hospital.  That requires a person who is alert and detail oriented.  How can she forget a child in a car if she works in a hospital.  It is like an EMT or fireman forgetting a child in a car.

Maybe she's a secretary, receptionist, accountant, electrician, housekeeper, computer programmer, security guard, cook.   All of which are employed by hospitals.

Respected Contributor

Re: How Can You Forget?

[ Edited ]

Doesn't a person need to drop off a child at daycare before he/she goes to work.  Not only did she forget the child in the car but she also forgot to drop off the child at daycare.  That sounds like extreme forgetfulness.  

Honored Contributor

It just does not   make any sense,at all,i agree the parents should be charged,and people that take their dogs in the car ,while they shop,should be  also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

There is absolutely no excuse to leave a child in the car...

There is absolutely no excuse to leave a child in the car. Are people brain dead!!! If you forget a child in your car, you should be locked up for life. You must realize the child left in a hot car is cooked on the inside. What type of human being(I use that term loosely) says "Oops I forgot my child", no one I know or would even want in my circle. Why do we keep making excuses for bad people!! When you have to leave items in the backseat of your car to remind you your child is there, you shouldn't be a parent or foster parent or guardian. You kill a child and are excused for your lack of memory!!! This makes me ill.
Respected Contributor

Re: There is absolutely no excuse to leave a child in the car...

@elated "There is absolutely no excuse to leave a child in the car. Are people brain dead!!! If you forget a child in your car, you should be locked up for life. You must realize the child left in a hot car is cooked on the inside. What type of human being(I use that term loosely) says "Oops I forgot my child", no one I know or would even want in my circle. Why do we keep making excuses for bad people!! When you have to leave items in the backseat of your car to remind you your child is there, you shouldn't be a parent or foster parent or guardian. You kill a child and are excused for your lack of memory!!! This makes me ill."

I agree with you.  I guarantee you that if she forgot her cell phone in the car she would have gone back to retrieve it within a half hour.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:
There is absolutely no excuse to leave a child in the car. Are people brain dead!!! If you forget a child in your car, you should be locked up for life. You must realize the child left in a hot car is cooked on the inside. What type of human being(I use that term loosely) says "Oops I forgot my child", no one I know or would even want in my circle. Why do we keep making excuses for bad people!! When you have to leave items in the backseat of your car to remind you your child is there, you shouldn't be a parent or foster parent or guardian. You kill a child and are excused for your lack of memory!!! This makes me ill.

@elated While I can appreciate your passion, I am not sure they should be locked up for life.  This was being distracted, not unlike making a bad or unlawful move while driving and killing a driver in another car. This mom will never ever forgive herself.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated While I can appreciate your passion, I am not sure they should be locked up for life.  This was being distracted, not unlike making a bad or unlawful move while driving and killing a driver in another car. This mom will never ever forgive herself.

Being distracted is that what you think should be forgiven!!! Honestly, I can't belive you don't realize the pain and agony the child was in waiting to be remembered!! She took a child's life now it is her turn to give up hers.