Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Yep, we are set to break some records with 100+ temperatures too---the worst on Sunday with predictions for 106.....🥵  No change in sight for the next 7 to 10 days....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's more H & H  Hot and humid.  It get's so hot, you might as well not have humidity. Just dries up all moisture.  But  every day for the past week & half.  Same thing.  Hot & humid.  Occasional storms to break the monotony. About 2-3 times a week.  But no front moves through.  Just sits there. Looks like another week of this.  In the 90's but feels like the 100F's.  It's 108F now, but my thermometer is facing the front of the house with the sun shinning on it. July is like that though.  It's the peak of the storm season.  Starts to dwindle down in late August.  Not like Florida with the almost daily storm (mid & Northern)   I think of Florida and count my blessings. It could be worse.

Respected Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Anchorage, AK ~ Today, 7/8, it rained all day and well into the evening and the high was 60*.  Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy, with a high of 68*.  Last year at this time, we were experiencing a heat wave!  😓

I lived in Alaska and go back when possible. No chance any time soon due to CoVid-19 and travel restrictions. 

@Silver Lining ~ Let's hope sooner than later.  Did you live in the Anchorage area?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hot and Dry

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Here in NY state it is blistering hot and at least in my part we can't buy a drop of rain. There were storms around us but nothing here. How is your weather ? 😥😥

@QVCkitty1 Tropical Storm Fay is HERE! We've had over and inch and a half of rain so far, and it looks like it's heading your way! YIPPEE!!

Edited to say: Uh, Oh! We have over 3 inches now! I guess we have to be careful what we wish for! Smiley Surprised