Frequent Contributor

Hosts talking about everything but the product

It boggles me why some of the Hosts continually talk about everything else but the product which is on air. Really don't care to hear their "stories" that have nothing to do with the product, by the time they are done babbling there was no revelant info/details given and their alotted time for the product is done.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts talking about everything but the product

@Donna2019 wrote:

It boggles me why some of the Hosts continually talk about everything else but the product which is on air. Really don't care to hear their "stories" that have nothing to do with the product, by the time they are done babbling there was no revelant info/details given and their alotted time for the product is done.

@Donna2019 

Talk, talk, talk and not a word about what they're selling .... who ever thought THAT was a good idea? 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't QVC's sales DOWN???   

If this confuses anyone in Management then it's clear none of them are ever watching what they have on the air.  

HOSTS:  I want SPECIFICS!

I don't want to hear the garment is a "cotton blend".  I want to hear the fabric content PERCENTAGES.  

If it's a 50% cotton and 50% wool blend, it sure would be helpful to know beforehand.  

Who is telling their hosts they are talk show personalities?  Whomever said that ... you're fired!  

(Okay, I'm off my soapbox now, and I feel better.  LOL)  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I'm really enjoying Shawn's shows tonight. I think they are well produced and must take a lot of planning to pull together. 

Honored Contributor

All info is online under item info.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 , Then we don't need hosts.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

while this is true

why are they selling it live on the TV? we can just go to any online store and buy

it's also never on the screen as well

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 , Then we don't need hosts.

exactly the concept of QVC is selling and explaining the product to the consumer 

give me the product details, then start chatting 

Honored Contributor

I hear what you all are saying, but if that's the case, for specifics, can you not go on the Q's web page and read about the product?  Then you can turn the volumn off and not listen to the presenters?  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I hear what you all are saying, but if that's the case, for specifics, can you not go on the Q's web page and read about the product?  Then you can turn the volumn off and not listen to the presenters?  

but that is counter to the  concept of QVC, to show and explain the product to the viewer

attention spans are short, the customer will go somewhere else and find what they want

why not have the specifics up front and grab the sale,

Honored Contributor

And many times the website doesn't give many more specifics than the hosts, which is another one of my complaints.  Or the online video is one of the presentations that gives no details.

I watch the presentations for more product information.  Different views than I can see online, to understand better what the product may be like in real life.  I get a better idea of what the product is if I can see a model with it or it being demonstrated, rather than seeing a flat image on a computer screen.

If you're presenting a handbag and don't even show the interior or state the dimensions, either live or online, I'm not buying.