Honored Contributor

There are a few hosts that I simply won't watch. Fortunately there is the website, so watching  the channel isn't necessary.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@abbytlj -

Interesting question.

I used to watch a lot, both for something I really liked and also sometimes for the host.

Now, even things I always watched, like Valerie for example, or jewelry, denim and company , joan, quacker factory, kirks folly, if its a host I can't stand to watch, I don't even watch anymore.

I rarely order anymore either.

Even the hosts I used to like watching, I don't much anymore because I think they have all been instructed to do that fake, over the top "enthusiasm", and prices are just not comparable to most every other store or online store anymore.

And also I got rid of cable and have streaming-a whole new world!

But I have to say, I do miss the familiarity and yes enjoyment of watching what I used to love about QVC.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts or Shows

[ Edited ]

PRODUCTS--

I look for certain vendors I like such as Valerie Parr Hill's Heart To Home or Martha Stewart, and there's a few other products/vendors that I will watch,  (although these are getting fewer and fewer),  BUT if the show is hosted by someone that I just cant tolerate I will SKIP IT ...The Jim Shore Shows are an exception since he's on so rarely that I will watch even if its a host I dont like...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I also just keep track of my favorite venders.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a bit of both for me. I like watching most of the programs that feature David, and also Leah, and very much value their recommendations, and presentations of some products. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm interested in the product, the host doesn't drive me away from the presentation.

It's never occurred to me to watch a QVC show based on who was program host. I don't care who, so don't check in advance.

Like any other scheduled program on TV, I turn it on, watch a particular show, then turn it off.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched QVC or any shopping network for over 15 years. I occasionally check items recently aired, but that's usually based on someone here who posts about a product that I might want to check out.

Super Contributor
Products mostly clothing, but I can’t stand it when Shawn must tie up every blouse she puts on.....why? Let me see it already!
Trusted Contributor

I don't have any issue with MOST of the QVC hosts.  I've stopped watching and buying because of pricing and sizing issues.  I have been a customer for 30 years, so I realize that times and hosts are going to change.  For now, I am UNWILLING to buy items that I 'm afraid will have to be returned.

Valued Contributor

As a long time QVC shopper, I watch for products that I am interested in. There are some hosts/presenters I simply cannot stand to look at and change the channel when I see them. I am finding now that I mute the audio because of the intolerable blathering. I have closed captioning on if I need to see the spoken words. I shop less and less because of the escalating prices, the lack of diversity of products, and just plain spending too much time on each item. QVC has just lost its value I'm afraid.