Frequent Contributor

Hosts - It comes down to manners

I find it very interesting that a few of the hosts are real pros when they co-host.  Unfortunately the majority of them either talk over or interrupt the main host presenting the item.  Long running issue that QVC doesn't care to address.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts - It comes down to manners

@Bonkers1   I give them the benefit of the doubt, annoying as it is.  You never know what some producer is yelling in their ears for them to do and say.  Hard to believe so many basically otherwise nice people could be so rude without provocation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a feeling that their salaries are commensurate with their sales figures. The more they sell the more money they make maybe in bonuses. That's why some of them get hyper and talk non stop hoping to whip up the urgency to buy now before they are gone!

Honored Contributor

It's very obvious, it's to each host's advantage to sell as much as possible while she's on the air the way they constantly push to hurry and buy, check out etc.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

SMQ was unwatchable.  One of the hosts was very hyper.  Too much caffeine or something.

Honored Contributor

Just stop watching if you don't like how the hosts do their jobs.  Why watch programming that irritates you?  You know QVC isn't going morph into whatever it is you want.  

Esteemed Contributor

There are a handful of hosts watch. Mary Beth, Jayne Brown, Carolyn & Alberti. The only new ones are Rosina & Monetha.  The rest can go.

Respected Contributor

The over-talk is the reason I rarely tune in. 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@PatsyZ wrote:

SMQ was unwatchable.  One of the hosts was very hyper.  Too much caffeine or something.

I loved Harry Slatkin's parting remark at the end of his segment.  Ever the gentleman, he asked, "Can you two please get some energy?"

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I have a feeling that their salaries are commensurate with their sales figures. The more they sell the more money they make maybe in bonuses. That's why some of them get hyper and talk non stop hoping to whip up the urgency to buy now before they are gone!

@50Mickey 

QVC themselves have said that the hosts do NOT work on commission---however, sales do impact salary raises and bonuses....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”