Honored Contributor

Re: Horrible experience buying gift cards- need your opinions...

@sidsmom wrote:

I've said on these boards many times,

if one proclaims their Walmart is dirty/gross,

it's a direct reflection of the neighborhood one lives in.

My Walmart & Target are in the Willow Bend area of Plano.

Very clean & upscale. 

Real Estate/Property Value 101.

Well...that's your opinion. And a "very clever" (NOT) way to infer that if the Walmart where you live is crappy, then where you live must be crappy. LOL.

I have shopped in Walmarts in Silicon Valley. Very little difference to my locals. So I guess the $1-3 million "average" homes in those neighborhoods are crappy too. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde I don't shop at our Walmart that often either as I find the store dirty too.I have gone into a change room that had a huge pee puddle on the floor that I almost slipped in.I told the girl at the  change room desk and she offered me. another.I didn't hear her call anyone to clean it up.My shoes were wet and I found that disgusting so I went home.Last time I was in with my son and was relating the tale when he said that I should watch my step .There was poop on the floor.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The reason that I think that they had you return to the store for the refund, and with receipts in hand, is because of scammers.

I am NOT saying that you are a scammer, or even tried to scam.

But, think about it. 

Someone could call the store, and LIE, and say that they wanted the $ from the gift card refunded on to a stolen credit card.

They wanted you there, in person, with the receipts in hand, in order to make sure that there was nothing hinkey going on.

Exactly!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@circles wrote:

At my Walmarts they tell you that you can't purchase any gift card with a credit card...and can only purchase their own...Walmart...gift card with their own credit card....

@circles

I've never heard of that policy at Walmart. Seems like it would have been clearly posted on the gift cards displays if this store had such a policy. 1 card activated at checkout & 1 didn't. Maybe there was a $50 limit on gift cards if paying by card? I'll have to check into that. Seems cashiers would be aware of it & explain it at checkout. I could have paid cash if asked but I think purchasing with a card is safer & I'd have options to dispute the charges. If I paid cash & someone fraudulently redeemed the card I'd have no proof I was the buyer. Even with my receipt- they could say I found the receipt somewhere. 

I can't explain it....I use to be able to purchase gift cards from Walmart...every kind...and i used my credit card....then about two years ago they said they no longer let people pay for gift cards with a credit card...strange...it had to be cash...and I didn't have cash so i had to leave it there...

Respected Contributor

@Chrystaltree2

i'm happy that you are pleased with your shopping at walmart, but there are others including myself that have a different opinion.  that is the way the mop flops.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I've said on these boards many times,

if one proclaims their Walmart is dirty/gross,

it's a direct reflection of the neighborhood one lives in.

My Walmart & Target are in the Willow Bend area of Plano.

Very clean & upscale. 

Real Estate/Property Value 101.

Well...that's your opinion. And a "very clever" (NOT) way to infer that if the Walmart where you live is crappy, then where you live must be crappy. LOL.

I have shopped in Walmarts in Silicon Valley. Very little difference to my locals. So I guess the $1-3 million "average" homes in those neighborhoods are crappy too. 

In my experience, a junky Walmart can easily exist in an upscale area, and the opposite is true too.  It has nothing to do with the area, but rather the management of a particular store.  It's the same for Target and other similar stores too.