Respected Contributor

Adult Beverages

[ Edited ]

I didn't know where to post this, so came here for more exposure.  I am attending a gathering of friends and would like to order an adult beverage that is not tart like a Margarita, but not too sweet.  Any suggestions?  I don't drink but on special occasions and don't know what's current or a good, basic drink.

Posted after the wonderful suggestions:  Forgot to mention that I cannot drink wine.  It simply will not go down.  I have a gag reflex.  Tom Collins & Cranberry Martini sound good.  I could have water w/lemon, but, by golly!, I would like the annual mixed drink.  Smiley Wink

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Wine.  I'm not a wine drinker, but in this situation I'd order a white wine.  If I couldn't tell by the menu, I'd ask the waiter for a recommendation.

Honored Contributor

Vodka and cranberry juice is usually a safe bet, or maybe a vodka tonic if you don't like cranberry juice.🍸🍸

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

How about a mojito or glass of white wine?

Honored Contributor

A white wine like Riesling is a good option.  It's somewhat sweet but not very (IMO, of course).  If you're not use to alcohol, you don't want to get something will drop you under the table, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

I don't drink either, but I order a white wine or white wine spritzer and nurse it all night.  Whether I finish it or not is no one else's business.

Respected Contributor

Order a white wine spritzer 

Honored Contributor

A Tom Collins

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

A Tom Collins

@cherry Oh , they sounds so good ! I can't remember the last time I had one. 😋😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

If I'm going out with friends, I order a Cosmopolitan or a cranberry martini.  Most bartenders know how to make a good Cosmopolitan but depending on the bar/restaurant, sometimes they look at me funny if I order a cranberry martini.