Honored Contributor

Re: ~Honoring 5 fallen heroes U.S. Marine Corps & Navy~

[ Edited ]

Here's just the video link from my previous post, for those for those here who don't like reading long responses.

"...we pay our respects to those who, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, "gave the last full measure of devotion." It is through their actions that we enjoy the blessings of liberty. It is through the tears of their families that we have the freedoms we often take for granted..."

Thanks, again.Heart

"The Path Of The Warrior"

link:  http://humanityhealing.net/2009/05/the-path-of-the-warrior/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Re: ~Honoring 5 fallen heroes U.S. Marine Corps & Navy~

Thanks, dooB, for posting this thread ! I could have (and probably would have) lost both of my older brothers (1 was a Marine, the other was in the Navy) during  the VietNam war. It is by the grace of God, and The Angels above who were watching over them, that I didn't. I DO know one thing. --  They were the Lucky Ones - and, everyday, they thank the Good Lord above for sparing them from that tragedy.  I cannot imagine what the families of our latest victims are feeling; it just makes my heart ache and Iwant to  reach out and hug them, during their time of sorrow.