Respected Contributor

Re: Homes For Sale, Personal Pictures Visible.

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Life is too short for me to worry about the perverts who may come to see my house for sale with their agent; especially as I will be moving away (which is why my house is up for sale).

I can also say that I could not tell you the name of or what anyone looked like after looking at houses on the market. It is THE last thing I'm paying attention to. 

Last, a good agent can take measures to blur out ALL facial images for online pictures. Yep, they can. And, you can inform the agent that no names be visible in online photos. So, if the homeowners REALLY care, they can take specific action.

My concern is not for the people who are touring the house. It is for the creeps looking at houses online to find a possible victim. These people never set foot in the house, but they see everything. The newer video tours even show the floor plan making a criminal's job that much easier. Burglars must enjoy the convenience as well.

Esteemed Contributor

This surprises me as when we put our house up for sale I had to remove everything pretty much!  It took me quite a few hours to take personal pictures down and many of our knickknacks had to go also.  Of course it gave me a head start on packing up!

I agree, they shouldn't have photos in online pictures or videos of property.

Trusted Contributor

@On It  Which is why I said that homeowners who are concerned about this CAN (and do) takes steps to make sure it doesn't happen. 

As I said, I don't care about those walking through; they're in and out and gone. Valuables should have already been removed from the house and the agent should be with them every step of the way. We had our house online to rent it out and I approved every picture that could be used; again, every homeowner can do this. One picture had multiple family pictures in it. It was a great shot showing off the picture windows, the deck the gardens and woods so I told them to blur the faces; they did with no fuss.

Why this doesn't resonate with people, I don't know.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Othereeeen  As well as ANYONE under the age of 18!

The frequency that some QVC hosts post pictures of their children is disturbing. It is very easy to locate addresses.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@On It  Which is why I said that homeowners who are concerned about this CAN (and do) takes steps to make sure it doesn't happen. 

As I said, I don't care about those walking through; they're in and out and gone. Valuables should have already been removed from the house and the agent should be with them every step of the way. We had our house online to rent it out and I approved every picture that could be used; again, every homeowner can do this. One picture had multiple family pictures in it. It was a great shot showing off the picture windows, the deck the gardens and woods so I told them to blur the faces; they did with no fuss.

Why this doesn't resonate with people, I don't know.

You never know if someone has an ulterior motive. Some people don't use a realtor, especially if it's for sale by owner

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids I don't think posting pictures on facebook is safe.  It has been widely reported that russians have stolen photos from facebook pages and used them to create false personal identities.  If they can do it, other determined people can too.  No facebook for me.