Esteemed Contributor

Re: Home 4 Days And Going Nuts!!!!

@lovesrecess wrote:
We have had rain for the last week and more to come. Very gloomy and depressing. DH and I are both about to climb the walls. Went for a drive yesterday...just to get out of the house...rain was so heavy we came home. FaceTime with the grandkids each night before they go to bed... makes me miss them even more. Best friend was just taken to ER and they won’t let her husband inside...he called me frantic from his car in the parking lot. I never could have imagined this is the USA in 2020.

@lovesrecess  any news on your friend's wife?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I know I am not alone with these feelings, but, I just have to say I don't know how much more of this I can take. Our weather has been rainy, cool, and dreary for a solid week. NO SUNSHINE. That alone depresses me. Now, throw in the fact that we are staying home (social distancing.....what a term. SMH...) and everything closed except for grocery stores.Well, I can always hope the sun will come out tomorrow!  Woman Wink

I love cloudy,rainy days, could stay in my house for a year and not complain, in fact I like to be home. I have a computer, tv's, washing to do, house to clean, nieces to text, and a sister to call and friends. I worked out of the house all my adult life, and I love home.Quit complaining, I just saw a niece I loved die with cancer, now the sweet boy next door, early 20's just bought the house, just got married, tells me he has bone cancer in his leg.Do you see how sad your lonliness is (SYH}.

@HLP 

Sorry, if you take my little post as complaining. Just expressing my feelings as many here seem to do. I, too, have lost someone to cancer -- my 27 year old son. I watched him suffer 7 years - so, I know that sadness, too. 

Awww

saphire - it is tough!  Each day my emotions are al over the place and i get what you are saying!  I miss my routine too!  We will all be okay and encourage each other!  Yesterday was tough, im doing good today!  Tomorrow will be better for you too!  I am sorry about your son.  Times like this make us miss our loved ones even more!  Xoxo

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HLP 

@HLP wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I know I am not alone with these feelings, but, I just have to say I don't know how much more of this I can take. Our weather has been rainy, cool, and dreary for a solid week. NO SUNSHINE. That alone depresses me. Now, throw in the fact that we are staying home (social distancing.....what a term. SMH...) and everything closed except for grocery stores.Well, I can always hope the sun will come out tomorrow!  Woman Wink

I love cloudy,rainy days, could stay in my house for a year and not complain, in fact I like to be home. I have a computer, tv's, washing to do, house to clean, nieces to text, and a sister to call and friends. I worked out of the house all my adult life, and I love home.Quit complaining, I just saw a niece I loved die with cancer, now the sweet boy next door, early 20's just bought the house, just got married, tells me he has bone cancer in his leg.Do you see how sad your lonliness is (SYH}.

ITA.  There are worse things than being home.  I thank God each day i,m alive and not suffering.  I have always been an extrovert, but right now, I have been using my brain to find things to do and keep my mind busy.

Maybe you have friends you can call on the phone and speak, instead of texting.  Speak human to human. Talk about movies you've seen, tv shows, tell jokes , make plans to meet for lunch in the future.  Take a walk. Read the bible or a book.  Clean out closets to give to an organization later or sell later on consignment.  I am going on 11days at home, but i,m old, but not in spirit.  Hope you find someway to cope.  Be creative. Stay safe.