Esteemed Contributor

LOCAL DOCTOR'S RESPONSE

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor

I heard this speech when she gave it live. It was a moving speech and made a lot of sense. Well worth listening too. She was very persuasive and it was so heartfelt.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

Very very important speech. Not much stay-at-home going on here in Florida. Tourist dollars taking precident over health concerns at moment. Finally closed beaches today, and a few people working at home.  Will see how things develop. 

Trusted Contributor

This is real. We had our first death yesterday. The gentleman was brought to the hospital Saturday  and past the next. He was on one of the Cruise Ships. 

We've chose to stay home only I go to the store. Our daughter was going out last night with friends. I told her of the possible consequences  and she stayed home. This is real.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOCAL DOCTOR'S RESPONSE

[ Edited ]

@CJC - I feel the same way here in SC - tourist $$$ all important. Beaches not being closed, tourists eveywhere - I'm staying in for sure.

Honored Contributor

Re: LOCAL DOCTOR'S RESPONSE

[ Edited ]

We have had so many die from the flu ,here in our country,  i just have started to wonder about this covid  19 virus. Just starting to have more questions. I know it is real,and happening , but just thinking.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I dont know about other cities but also here in Texas in my city, people's operations or treatments are being postponed so medical staff is available to treat those with the virus....

One sad story was a patient that was going to try an experimental drug for her stage 4 cancer but that has been postponed....so think of the sacrifices others are making regarding that......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

As the days go on, it gets more serious. I was not the least bit worried when it first hit the US. I live in Pgh and our governor is thinking of closing everything down that isn't already shut down. He issued a mandate last week to many businesses. However, many businesses did not heed the warning. I can understand the viewpoint of the businesses. However, the only way to contain this is to stop all activity. Wow can't imagine that but it might be worth the sacrifice in the long run. Stay safe everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Yet there are doctors prescribing Plaquenil ( hydroxychloroquine ) for "just in case" reasons creating a shortage for patients, particularly those that suffer from lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, of much needed medication.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Yet there are doctors prescribing Plaquenil ( hydroxychloroquine ) for "just in case" reasons creating a shortage for patients, particularly those that suffer from lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, of much needed medication.

@Marpunfortunately a bigger deal was made about this drug as showing great promise and Dr. Fauci has had to correct that misstatement.