Respected Contributor

I hope you enjoy the photos. I have many, many more. We had such fun being so close to a major film in the making. Someone asked the name of the village. It is Ruidoso, NM. I usually avoid naming our little village, but I think this movie drew and will draw national attention to the area.

Honored Contributor

@On It   I can always count on you to show some very interesting & professional looking photos. 

I was going to ask you why where you live is called a "village" intead of a town?  Then you showed a photo of a convience store that also doubles as a restaurant! Smiley Surprised  

They also have those in the "hood" & in the sticks/boonies/down south.  We don't call those towns villiages though. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

AHHHH   Matthew..................Enough said...............

Alright, alright, alright !!!!

Honored Contributor

We stayed at a cabin in Ruidoso (still can't spell it)

new mexico. Yrs. ago

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed seeing your photos and will now watch for the movie!  You live in a beautiful area!  Thank you for posting!

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac Ruidoso was established as a village. We have a year round population of about 8,000 people, but some holidays and weekends at least triple that number. The summer months bring in the people who own homes here to escape the heat in Arizona and Texas.

Paradise, CA had a population of 26,000 before the Camp Fire.

Honored Contributor

That's what they told us Texans when we were there

I escape the heat by staying out of it and turning on

a/c.

Respected Contributor
Thank You @On It!!! I want to see the movie for sure now, because of your pics!!! So nice of you!! 🤗🤗🤗
Honored Contributor

@On It   Thank you for that info.  I did not consider the population factor at all.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

They spent most of one day at the convenience store. It has a special vibe. The locals go there to chat and catch up on local news. It is a hub of our life in this section of the village. The convenience store and the pharmacy closed on the day of filming.

We carry out from there and love their food. There are many excellent restaurants, but it is our comfort stop. I will post the menu. The tamales are the best I have ever eaten, and I have eaten them all over Texas and Southern New Mexico.

IMG_1653.jpeg