Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  That is wonderful!!!👍👍I know they were most certainly THANKFUL for that blessing!❤

Enjoy the wrestling!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Cartoon Image Pictures & Wallpapers Collection

Honored Contributor
I volunteered to work on Thanksgiving,, just to avoid this sort of thing.
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

IMG_0420.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

After 40+ years of attending Thanksgiving at my in-laws (huge gathering by the end), and then hosting it ourselves after they passed, DH & I are actually enjoying our peaceful holiday, now that the rest of his family has moved away. Don't get me wrong, we loved those big, noisy gatherings and still miss them, but now we cook exactly what we want, eat when we want (early, around noon) and just relax the rest of the day.

We would be more than welcome at my brother's Thanksgiving, and maybe some of these years we'll go there, but right now this is what we enjoy. Of course, I realize that I am not "alone", as some of you are, but it is definitely different now. We will be missing our parents, along with his siblings that have passed or moved away, but it will still be joyful!

I pray for ALL to have a blessed Thanksgiving, however you mark the day! 

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

I thoroughly enjoy Thanksgiving alone. I'll roast a pork loin and some favorite side dish. That's what I want to eat and I don't make it often, so it will make me happy. I'll eat at what time I prefer. The phone doesn't ring because everyone I know will be with someone they know, not calling me. I won't be thinking about what to wear or what to bring my host, or what time to arrive. No traffic to drive through, no reason to make small talk or listen to it. 

I just got a new living room TV a couple of days ago. I love it and I'll avidly watch a little of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and then the National Dog Show. I'll pick something to stream after that, unless I want to read. 

I like living alone and I don't think of holidays as just another day. I'm able to be  festive or celebratory on my terms. Food I like, house clothes, TV or reading, a nap after kitchen cleanup. 

I'll do it again for Christmas. And New Years Eve. Maybe the same menu! No matter--I'll be relaxed and happy. 

Sometimes I find myself wistful on Valentines Day. I had the companionship of a lovely dear man for 40 years. He passed away 3 years ago. I like being alone, but I miss him more on Valentines Day. Alone takes its toll just that one day. It's a holiday expressly for celebrating not being alone. I sigh a few times and then it's the next day. Manageable. 

Wishing you all a wonderful, yummy, safe Thanksgiving. If you can't be with the ones you love, love the one you're with--yourself. Don't eat too much...

@gizmogal one of the best things I've read in a long time.

Honored Contributor

I do love this time of year but for me the holiday season starts on October 31st and does not end until the wings and chips are cleaned up from the Super Bowl. 

So ready to leave the office at noon today.  Happy Thanksgiving to all and Here Comes Santa!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Another thing to remember is that it is much better to be alone than to be around the wrong people/toxic people. That includes family, that hurts even worse.

You can be and feel completely alone in a crowded room.

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal Happy Thanksgiving!  I applaud you for making the best of your situation and still being able to find happiness.  It's so uplifting and refreshing rather than some who just seem to want to sadden others because of their own circumstances.  While I feel for everyone, especially this time of year, I do think it's healthy to have the right attitude!  Kudo's to you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@gizmogal Happy Thanksgiving!  I applaud you for making the best of your situation and still being able to find happiness.  It's so uplifting and refreshing rather than some who just seem to want to sadden others because of their own circumstances.  While I feel for everyone, especially this time of year, I do think it's healthy to have the right attitude!  Kudo's to you Smiley Happy

You are jumping to quite a conclusion that some here want to "sadden others". Some people just want and need to vent. If that bothers you to such an extent maybe don't read it, or at least don't make such a judgemental comment. How can anything said here "sadden" you about your holidays? You do you.

You have no idea what some people are going through and still every day make the best of it, and that includes me. Frankly it's not your place to decide what the "right attitude" is.