Honored Contributor

Hilarious order confirmation reason from amazon

[ Edited ]

The order delivery confirmation page for some items I received today from amazon states, "Your package was left in the mail room."  Well, no, the several packages were left by my front door.

Finding a "mail room" at my house would be pretty hard to do since I live in a home, and have no business office at my address.

I wonder just how hard it is for delivery folks to punch in the correct reason from the choices they have.  Oh, well, the stuff got here safe and sound. I am not complaining, just sharing something odd/silly/unusual.

If anyone wants to share an odd delivery confirmation reason you may have been given, feel free.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hilarious order confirmation reason from amazon

I live in northern California, and one time when I ordered something, (I forget what), I got a notice that my item had been mis-shipped, and was sent to Seattle!

I was in no hurry to get it, but I had to laugh at my package taking a detour to Seatttle!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Once when I was puttering in the front yard, UPS drove up.  The driver got out looking a bit sheepish, and said, ‘I don’t have anything for you today, I was out this way, and I come here so often I turned in out of habit.’

Truth.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

My Dad lives in a retirement community in an independent living apartment on the east coast.  I live on the west coast but go back to visit him frequently.  When I was there in the spring two different times a package from Amazon was left on a bench inside the door of his building.  One was for a woman who lived in that building on the 1st floor so I brought it to her apartment & left it near her door.  The other package was for someone who lived in a different building on the campus.  I called the front desk to let them know about the package & they sent someone to pick it up & deliver it to the resident.

In anticipation of my next visit for a family reunion I ordered a wireless speaker from Amazon & had it sent to my Dad's. (I put a playlist together on Spotify so we could have some music).  When I checked the tracking it said the package was "handed directly to a resident", but it wasn't my Dad!  It was nowhere & the front desk didn't have it.  So I had a replacement sent to me, they shipped it really fast & I got it in time to be able to bring it with me back to my Dad's for our reunion.  Then wouldn't you know, the 1st speaker showed up at my Dad's so we had two!

I ended up paying for the replacement one because I really like it & wanted to keep it.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Anonymous032819 !  I have a similar experience.  When I lived in Waikoloa, Hawaii (Big Island), one of my orders came to me via Guam!  LOL!  I doubt this was normal UPS or USPS routing,

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@GingerPeach 

Once when I was puttering in the front yard, UPS drove up.  The driver got out looking a bit sheepish, and said, ‘I don’t have anything for you today, I was out this way, and I come here so often I turned in out of habit.’

Truth.

@DrytheThis is the best story I have ever heard! lol

I read it to my Hubby as he thinks my deliver's are too frequent!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

The order confirmation page for some items I received today from amazon states, "Your package was left in the mail room." 

It sounds to me like this was a delivery confirmation, not an order confirmation. I don't think AMZ knows at the time the order is placed what the final delivery location will be.

Like you, I also have seen that stated delivery location is not always accurate.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach   I've gotten that delivery confirmation too, as well as

"handed directly to the resident"

neither has ever happened. LOL

Honored Contributor

I had one message to tell me about a delayed delivery and it was something like this:

"Broke truck"

LOL!Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I think I mentioned this before, but I still cringe when I think about the FedEx driver who left this large white sign on my front door:

Your package is behind the bushes. 

Well  ...