Honored Contributor

Feel Good Friday cuties :)

[ Edited ]

AWWWWWWWWW!   Heart

Don't leave me! Four lion cubs follow their mother across a stream - but one seems less keen to get wet

• Four lion cubs are taught how to ford a stream by their confident mother
  • The brave quadruplets were found in the Mala Mala game reserve in South Africa
  • Game ranger, Cameron Inggs spotted the family of five on their evening walk

Four lion cubs have proven that the stereotype of cats hating water isn't quite as true as we might like to believe.

The four were spotted on a family outing by game ranger Cameron Inggs, 28, who works at the Mala Mala game reserve.

The Lioness charges through the water, barely giving wet toes a second thought as she sends splashes of water crashing onto the bank of the stream.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1982636/Video-Adorable-lion-cubs-follow-mother-shallow-...

The cubs are quick to organise themselves, briefly glancing between one another as the bravest marches in, copying his mum.

The water seems a little too deep for him, as he struggles to keep his chin above water, breaking into leaps to get out of the cold stream as fast as he can.

His brothers aren't far behind - with a slight cry the second follows the line set by the leader, copying his method of quick leaps through the stream.

Dip a toe in: The mother appears to check the temperature of the water before she enters with stark confidence

The third follows eagerly, leaving the fourth behind, who pauses, offering a nervous squeak before he courageously charges through the water.

With all across the last one gives a quick shake of its fur, grateful the wet ordeal is over.

Cameron can be heard laughing as the stream is cleared leaving only a peaceful view of the African Savannah. 

The leader of the cubs turns towards the camera noticing he'll have an audience to impress with his attempt

Lions, unlike tigers are more reserved when it comes to water, while they can swim if they have to, they prefer to be on solid ground.

Most lions will only really approach water if it benefits them for hunting or if they need a drink to cool off. 

However, some lions in Botswana have recently started doing a kind of doggy paddle to get themselves across portions of wetland.

~

Respected Contributor

Re: Feel Good Friday cuties :)

So cute!!

Animals are so smart.  Mama lion knew to test the depth of the water before she led her cubs across.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN : 

Agree... and beautiful mama was confident that her babies would follow and be OK. 

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy 

Thank you for this!

Bless the wild animals.  

They are so beautiful,

Their lives are so at risk.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Love this magnificent mommy and her little cubs.  I am so grateful that they are on a reserve and are not hunted.

Honored Contributor

Was so thankful when I saw they were on a game reserve.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau