Honored Contributor

Re: Hey PeterDM.

[ Edited ]

@Smaug wrote:

Anyone remember Heiress? When she posted her pix in VP/AG and people decided they wanted to pry into her private life almost everyone was on board with that one. I'm curious, why was that? If there's going to be outrage for this sort of thing let's apply it to all posters, not just those who are popular. 

People LOVE a witch hunt and they LOVE knocking people down a peg. One is more fun when it goes along with the other. The higher the person is up the rankings, the more fun it is for sad people to watch him or her fall.

Harassment is my least favorite thing about the internet.

Super Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

How many ways does the mods have to tell posters to STOP advertising the other place?

I've seen many people who keep saying things like you said above ALSO saying things like "A little slow in Vegas tonight?"  or things like it.  We all know that's a cryptic way of advertising that forum too.  I'll watch and see if you slap their hands for that too.

I teach - what's your superpower?
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

How many ways does the mods have to tell posters to STOP advertising the other place?

No kidding! Enough is enough.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

ChynnaBlue said: "People LOVE a witch hunt and they LOVE knocking people down a peg. One is more fun when it goes along with the other. The higher the person is up the rankings, the more fun it is for sad people to watch him or her fall.

Harassment is my least favorite thing about the internet."

What "higher rankings"?

??

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••