Valued Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Jasmine19  LOL. That’s a cute caption you used!  😁 

I wish I could take credit for that photo and caption but I swiped it from a website called Odd Stuff Magazine. I supscribe to a daily email from them called (accurately) Funny Pictures.

Respected Contributor

4C010CB5-D8D3-425A-AD92-02F3B28CF9DA.jpeg

I have a buddy like this. A cat and mouse in what was my pile of leaves.

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove

Blessings to you for being such a good caregiver to our defenseless creatures.  My DD adopted a Norwegian Forest cat that was abandoned when his owners moved from the apartment.  When workers showed up to lay carpet, paint and clean, the cat kept trying to go back inside.  It lived outside for months.  Finally, someone had the heart to surrender it to a cat-only shelter.  My daughter was working for the shelter at the time and fell  in love with this gentle, ragdoll of a cat.  Murphy is absolutely beautiful.  So sweet and life wouldn't be the same without him.  He's "living large" now as the saying goes.  Only the highest quality food for him and tons of hugs all day long.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

What a funny caption! I have experienced this, only it was Mama and 3 babies. Adorable, but so destructive!

Honored Contributor

That is the sweetest thing to see.  Helps put raccoons back in better standing with me after finding a huge one and the mess of my attic when he moved in up there. 

Love the photo.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@ScarletDove

Blessings to you for being such a good caregiver to our defenseless creatures.  My DD adopted a Norwegian Forest cat that was abandoned when his owners moved from the apartment.  When workers showed up to lay carpet, paint and clean, the cat kept trying to go back inside.  It lived outside for months.  Finally, someone had the heart to surrender it to a cat-only shelter.  My daughter was working for the shelter at the time and fell  in love with this gentle, ragdoll of a cat.  Murphy is absolutely beautiful.  So sweet and life wouldn't be the same without him.  He's "living large" now as the saying goes.  Only the highest quality food for him and tons of hugs all day long.

@pommom  And bless your daughter for recognizing what a wonder Murphy was and is.  Timing is everything and Murphy and your daughter finding each other is a true blessing. Your description of Murphy's demeanor perfectly describes my Maxwell Fergus; over many years and many cats who touched my life, I must admit that Maxwell is without doubt the most affectionate, sweet, loyal and intelligent cat ever to touch my heart and my life; I am amazed how smart he is. Max is large, weighing in at bout 20 lbs. He is much like a small dog, devoted and follows me wherever I am in the house; he is part of my shadow. He loves to kiss, head butt, licks like a mama cat grooming kittens, he always touches with his paw, talks and loves to watch the birds online on Cornell Lab birdfeeder Cam in my lap. Right now he is lying by my feet as I respond to you....your daughter is fortunate to have Murphy in her life..as time progresses, he will get closer to her.  I had a Murphy cat in my life for a very long time, wonderful big creature and loved him very much. Tell your daughter she and Murphy are blessed to have each other!  You too, are fortunate to have such a wonder grandcat. Best to you, your daughter and her marvelous Norwegian Forest Cat.

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Adorable.  This reminds me of 51 yrs ago when I moved into my first home at age 25. Still living here, this house backs up to Rock Creek Park and I started feeding the raccoons and opossums by the woods.  When Beach Drive was cut through in '68, people started dumping their unwanted cats in Rock Creek Park and I noticed a couple young cats eating with the raccoons.  I made friends with the cats and both of them, Daisy and Boy Cat became part of our family for years. The raccoons and the cats got along fine. Then there was an emaciated, injured pregnant cat that I took in and Mother Cat became part of our family; had her cared for and healed by our vet, she had a beautiful bunch of healthy kittens which I found homes for, heavily interviewing/scrutinizing the adopters.  Two yrs ago I noticed another very young cat eating with the raccoons, although appeared frightened, made friends with him which took a long time, and Angus Duncan is now part of my little 2-cat family with Maxwell Fergus, a confiscated rescued Norwegian Forest Cat adopted from BARCS in Baltimore....

@ScarletDove

Thank you for having such a kind heart and taking these kitties in and/or finding homes for them!!!  HeartCat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19

Such a cute photo---- thank you for sharing!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Oh dear! I hope your kitty is up to date on rabies vaccine!
Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove

Thank you for having such a kind heart and taking these kitties in and/or finding homes for them!!!  HeartCat Very Happy

@Spurt  Thank you Spurt; the way I was raised I was taught to put my hand out and help, I have done just that to these beautiful unwanted creatures who have brought great joy to my life for many years....to me there is no other way! My son rescued his first kitten when he was in kindergarten and his girl Dinah lived until he was in college; he has rescued many unwanted cats/kittens for years.