Honored Contributor

Re: Help with Sandals please

You should post this question on the Fashion Forum, someone will be able to help you there.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Ivanka Trump said:

What does your boyfriend think? Maybe you can ask him.

Waving hi to my mummy Ivana.

My boyfriend said Yea when I tried them on.....he said if I like them is what counts......he does not care about fashion like I do......but I am more humble and dress casual.

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Peachysue said:
On 9/10/2014 Sushismom said:

Since the question asked is if I would wear them, the answer is no. I prefer a little extra space.

I feel the very same way. I do not like toe over. Worse are men in too big flip flops and those big Ole toes drag.. ewhhh. .

My toe does not go over just fits perfect but not room left but not hanging over at all.......

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Danky said: My Grandmother always said that if someone is " checking you out " and they start at your face, if they get as far as your feet , you are in trouble anyway. Wear what's comfy .

That is wise words your grandmother gave. thank you for sharing that. I am writing this down. I think she meant that they would be too picky if they look at every little thing. If not, please tell me what she meant. Thank you again.

Esteemed Contributor

RRR, this is such a good observation/question. I have the same issue sometimes with sandals. I dislike it when my foot is at the very edge, so usually don't buy. Can't explain it, but I guess I feel like I borrowed my daughter's shoes. LOL. I hope you purchased them. They sound cute.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Why would anyone wear shoes or clothing that don't fit correctly ?

Strange.

Respected Contributor

On 9/10/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:
On 9/10/2014 Peachysue said:
On 9/10/2014 Sushismom said:

Since the question asked is if I would wear them, the answer is no. I prefer a little extra space.

I feel the very same way. I do not like toe over. Worse are men in too big flip flops and those big Ole toes drag.. ewhhh. .

My toe does not go over just fits perfect but not room left but not hanging over at all.......

A perfect fit isn't when your heel is at the very back and your toes at the very front with no extra room at all. You need that extra room for when your feet expand. And they will later on in the day.

Contributor

On 9/10/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:
On 9/10/2014 Danky said: My Grandmother always said that if someone is " checking you out " and they start at your face, if they get as far as your feet , you are in trouble anyway. Wear what's comfy .

That is wise words your grandmother gave. thank you for sharing that. I am writing this down. I think she meant that they would be too picky if they look at every little thing. If not, please tell me what she meant. Thank you again.

it simply means they didn't see anything about you that they liked...

Or I guess they could be foot fetishists....

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the OP say the shoes didn't fit well, and I sure didn't see her say that her heels or toes hung over the edges of the sandals. She said they came right to the edges, and to me that's an acceptable fit.

Honestly...has this board gotten to the point where a thread like this is going to get the most views and comments?

Respected Contributor

I actually know exactly what you are saying, RRR. I have a pair of sandals that I love - mainly because they are a very pretty shade of peachy orange. I tried on my normal size and it fit perfectly but not much room to spare in the toe or heel area. Tried on the next size and it looked way too big. I got the "perfectly fitting size" yet every time I wear the sandals I find myself trying to scrunch up closer in the toes so my heel isn't too close to the edge.