Honored Contributor

I'm surprised some are having different experiences with nomorobo.  In my case, it picks up the vast majority of them.  Only one call here and there isn't caught so I just hit 'block' and it's done.    I would say that it catches more than 90% of them, though.  

Honored Contributor

I have a VoIP phone line with my Xfinity bundle and Nomorobo works extremely well with it.   On the rare occasion a bad call slips through, I go to the Nomorobo site and report it -- remember, everyone benefits when we report new numbers and help update the database.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: Help with NOMOROBO

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm surprised some are having different experiences with nomorobo.  In my case, it picks up the vast majority of them.  Only one call here and there isn't caught so I just hit 'block' and it's done.    I would say that it catches more than 90% of them, though.  

I'm surprised, too, chickie!   I wonder if they're thinking that since the phone rings once and it registers on their list of calls that means Nomorobo didn't catch the call?  Here's one description of the way it works:

"...When using Nomorobo, you will always hear the first ring of an incoming call.   If there's only one single ring, that means Nomorobo has picked up the call and blocked it as spam... "

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm surprised, too, chickie!   I wonder if they're thinking that since the phone rings once and it registers on their list of calls that means Nomorobo didn't catch the call?  Here's one description of the way it works:

"...When using Nomorobo, you will always hear the first ring of an incoming call.   If there's only one single ring, that means Nomorobo has picked up the call and blocked it as spam... "

@dooBdoo   Occasionally my phone will only ring once.  Then I know that either I have blocked that number or Nomorobo caught it.  99% of the time, though, the phone rings four times until my machine picks it up.  Then they hang up. Occasionally they'll leave a message asking me to call them back.  I would never call them back.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau