Honored Contributor

We have been bombarded with spam calls the past two days. We registered with NOMOROBO about 4-5 years ago and have had very few problems. Does anyone know if the registration expires? I know on the government site it's good forever, but I'm not sure about this one. TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with NOMOROBO

[ Edited ]

I've never seen anything about an expiration.  I've also used it for years and have never had any kind of correspondence asking me to re-up or anything.  It goes until something changes with phone service - such as number or carrier.  Short of that it just stays put, AFAIK.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

We have been bombarded with spam calls the past two days. We registered with NOMOROBO about 4-5 years ago and have had very few problems. Does anyone know if the registration expires? I know on the government site it's good forever, but I'm not sure about this one. TIA! Smiley Happy

I would check your Nomorobo account and make sure that the settings are still the same.

I had inadvertently turned off our settings with them because I had been blocking numbers through our phone company account. That had canceled out the Nomorobo settings.

Once I had adjusted the settings again, everything started to work as it should. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

I would check your Nomorobo account and make sure that the settings are still the same.

I had inadvertently turned off our settings with them because I had been blocking numbers through our phone company account. That had canceled out the Nomorobo settings.

Once I had adjusted the settings again, everything started to work as it should. Smiley Happy

Oh my goodness!  I did that, too.   I kept trying to figure out what went wrong and can't remember how I figured it out but once I changed something in my landline account it went back to normal.  d'oh!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

You can go to the NOMOROBO website and check to see if it's working.  

If I remember they call you and it's an automated message telling you all is okay.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Toppers3  recheck your settings. Last year I suddenly got bombarded with all these crazy annoying calls. It turned out that my settings through my phone provider got messed up. I had to go back in & re set them.Haven't had a problem since.

Contributor

Occasionally, a spam call will get through on our landline which is correctly registered with NOMOROBO, but when I Google the spam call number, it turns out it was spoofed (redirected and stolen) from a legit business or residence.  I just never answer any call from a number I don’t recognize.  The other day, a robotic-voiced spam call told us (1) we were being sued for illegal use of Social Security and (2) that a warrant was out for our arrest.  We’ve put our affairs in order for a possible long-time prison sentence.

Honored Contributor

As I recall, it's a lifetime registration but it's ridiculously ineffective, a waste of time.  Don't answer your phone if you don't recognize the number.  If you pick it up, you let them know there's an active potential sucker at your number.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

As I recall, it's a lifetime registration but it's ridiculously ineffective, a waste of time.  Don't answer your phone if you don't recognize the number.  If you pick it up, you let them know there's an active potential sucker at your number.

It hasn't been ineffective or a waste of time for me.  I've had it for years, and the change is dramatic.  I can't remember the last time I got an unwanted call.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with NOMOROBO

[ Edited ]

I agree with @Kachina624  about it being ineffective.  I've had it for many years and get spam calls every day.  I don't answer them.  I do block them on my phone, but they call back from another number.  If my landline rings I know it's a spam call, because no one else ever uses that number.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau