Honored Contributor

Use nail polish remover.........it will take a LOT of rubbing, but it will come off.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Re: Help......super glue

[ Edited ]

Another vote for nail polish remover with acetone - it's what I use to remove super glue when it accidentally gets on my hands.

Honored Contributor

Cotton ball soaked with acetone to melt it. And any residue left use the side of a razor blade to remove it 'gently'.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

BEWARE, nail polish remover with acetone WILL permanently hurt a formica counter top!!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Thanks, everyone. I bought some polish remover, and he helped. I have probably 90% removed.

Ugh, lesson learned! I'm always so careful and tell others to protect against super glue, then I'm the one who goofs up. I was gluing a broken obelisk my cat knocked over. I put a paper towel underneath, but obviously it was thick enough, I would be mad if someone else did that!! Lol

Honored Contributor

I was home alone once and managed to glue three fingers on my right hand together, then while still holding the glue, stuck one finger on my left hand to the fingers on my right hand.  I made my way to the bathroom, got a cotton ball and was able to remove the cap from the nail polish remover and soak the cotton ball.  It worked and I eventually became unglued.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was home alone once and managed to glue three fingers on my right hand together, then while still holding the glue, stuck one finger on my left hand to the fingers on my right hand.  I made my way to the bathroom, got a cotton ball and was able to remove the cap from the nail polish remover and soak the cotton ball.  It worked and I eventually became unglued.

I managed to Crazy Glue my index finger to my lips.  The thought never crossed my mind to use acetone.  Instead I literally ripped my finger from my lips taking a huge piece of skin with it.  I was a mess for at least 10 days.  My friend and I thought confident, told others and eventually my students learned how I sustained my lovely and painful appearance.  One morning I arrived to find my desk covered with tubes of Crazy Glue and various forms of fake fingers and lips.