Honored Contributor

Re: Help Me Choose Some Teas to Sample

I am not much of a tea drinker, fruit teas taste like warm fruit juice to me, I do like Mint, Pomegranate and Green teas

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde I’ve ordered tea from art of tea dot com. It’s very good. I know they have sample boxes. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

Cherry can you tell me the name of the Darjeeling tea? I love this tea and would love to try it. Thank you!

It is what ever they sell on the  Rishi website. I am not sure it has any other name than Darjeeling tea

Super Contributor

Try Tea Forte (teafortedotcom).  They have all sorts of teas, sampler boxes.  My mother loves their Black Currant tea.

Honored Contributor

I have another Colorado favorite, different than the one @SilleeMee mentioned.  The shop is called Ku Cha House of tea (in Boulder).  Their website is kuchatea.com. 

My favorite teas are Afternoon in the Aspens (caffeine free) and Organic Boulder Boost (full of caffeine)

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies. I’m keeping notes and marking websites. I’ve ordered a few samples. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  I have the perfect answer and that is Upton Tea!  Get a paper copy of their catalog and spend time looking at the teas and descriptions.  They have the most extensive selection of samples and great information about tea.  It is as varied as wines!

Also, thee is the Elmwood Inn Tea site that has great educational material and excellent teas for sale.

What fun you have ahead of you! And Tea Time magazine has information about teas and tons of recipes with tea pairings.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  I have the perfect answer and that is Upton Tea!  Get a paper copy of their catalog and spend time looking at the teas and descriptions.  They have the most extensive selection of samples and great information about tea.  It is as varied as wines!

Also, thee is the Elmwood Inn tea site that has great educational material and excellent teas for sale.

What fun you have ahead of you! And Tea Time magazine has information about teas and tons of recipes with tea pairings.  Jane Pettigrew writes excellent books about tea too--a great place to learn. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Also, thee is the Elmwood Inn Tea site that has great educational material and excellent teas for sale.

What fun you have ahead of you! And Tea Time magazine has information about teas and tons of recipes with tea pairings.

I am a tea drinker. always buy Lipton's but lately I feel as though I am drinking sugar flavored hot water.  I don't care for green tea or anything flavored like flowers (Smiley Very Happy).  I am a black tea drinker and your post is just what I am looking for.  I am going to check them out and probably will learn a lot more about tea that I ever knew.  Thanks for posting this even though it was meant for Moonchilde.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I would suggest that you check amazondotcom for tea bags and loose tea in a variety of samplers.  I just got the White Ginger Pear tea which is excellent.  I also like the Ginger Lemon tea among many others including Mint and Chai, etc.   "A" has pages and pages of brand name teas that are available as samplers in both tea bags and loose tea.  A sampler is a great place to start to determine which flavors you like best.  Happy shopping! 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~