Frequent Contributor

Help Finding A New Rebates Program

[ Edited ]

I have been using myluckyrewards.com for many years. It was a great benefit to being a Lucky magazine subscriber. As some know, Lucky magazine recently stopped their publication. They have recently made many changes to their rewards program and sometimes miss crediting me for purchases. I am a busy professional, so most of my shopping is done online. I rely on rebate programs to off set any shopping done without free shipping and etc. I know there are a ton of sites out their but looking for suggestions based on long time use. Can you please tell me what other free rebate sites are great or sites you love?

Honored Contributor

Re: Help Finding A New Rebates Program

I like MrRebates.  I've used them for about eleven years.

I tried eBates back then but didn't like that they made you install something on your computer and that they put spyware on your computer.  I've heard some people like it, so maybe they stopped that.  It was some time ago.

Honored Contributor

The first two that come to mind are either Ebates or Mr. Rebates.  Both are similar but it pays to check between the two as both sites can offer different levels of rebates from the same company.

I didn't know Lucky went under, sorry to hear that!

Honored Contributor

I've been using Mr Rebates (mrrebates.com) for several years now.  I know some also use ebates, but I haven't tried them.  I've been very pleased with Mr Rebates in all the time I've used them.

Valued Contributor

I faithfully use Mr. Rebates.  You only need to first click through Mr. Rebates and then your shopping site.  My purchased ALWAYS get credited.  I let my total rebates accumulate to $100 before requesting a check, or you can transfer your balance to Paypal. 

Super Contributor

I've also used Mr. Rebates for many years and am very satisfied.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Valued Contributor

Check out SavingStar.  You not only get online rebates, but you can get rebates on purchases at the grocery store, drug store or big box store. 

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

The first two that come to mind are either Ebates or Mr. Rebates.  Both are similar but it pays to check between the two as both sites can offer different levels of rebates from the same company.

I agree with all of this. Checking both sites is especially important during November and December, when they both start getting better offers and which one has the higher number can change frequently.

You may also want to check your bank and/or workplace. Both my bank and my office have separate programs that offer cash back (bank) or points (work). The points service I have through work is similar to the rebate cash back programs, but you get points that can be spent at any of the participating stores. Sometimes the points program will offer triple points of even multiply points by 10 for a short time, as well has have links to sales.

Honored Contributor

I like mr. rebates.  Since I joned in 2010. I've gotten over $800 back.  This number would be even higher, if I had remembered to use it every time.

It's also worth checking to see if any new stores have been added since the last use, or if you've discovered a new online store.

Honored Contributor

At one time I used a bunch of sites but now only use Mr. Rebates and Discover Deals.  (occasionally they have 15% rebates)  I take my checks once a year, that way they are substantial.  I love free money.