Honored Contributor

She lives in New Mexico

Respected Contributor

There's a silver lining to everything. I have a couple of outdoor fountains, and in this heat they're seeing a lot of action from the birds. So much fun to watch! Heart

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

107 in SoCal!!! Feelin hot hot hot!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

Well, today is the first day of summer.

I guess Mother Nature is saying, "It's summertime, *****! 

*lol*

Respected Contributor

Yesterday it hit 120 degrees in S.E. Az. where we have a house.  Thankfully, my brother lives a few streets away.  He went to our house Friday and turned the A/C on and set it at 84.  He said it kicked on immediately.  We don't feel comfortable not running it in the sweltering weather.

I have been getting FB messages and memes from my Arizona friends!  Yikes...I guess I should not complain about the 92 degrees in Chicago but, we have some audacious humidity.

Honored Contributor

@Gooday wrote:

Yesterday it hit 120 degrees in S.E. Az. where we have a house.  Thankfully, my brother lives a few streets away.  He went to our house Friday and turned the A/C on and set it at 84.  He said it kicked on immediately.  We don't feel comfortable not running it in the sweltering weather.

I have been getting FB messages and memes from my Arizona friends!  Yikes...I guess I should not complain about the 92 degrees in Chicago but, we have some audacious humidity.

On the advice of an a/c repairman, we turned ours off totally this year.  I sure hope he knew what he was talking about:/

Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad for the animals.

They must be miserable, too.

Contributor

I am in Central California and it will get to 102 today. I ran my appliances and errands early. I turn the ceiling fans in BR and family room on high, close some blinds and set A/C on 80. Really it's quite comfy. I feel so bad for those without A/C in cars or home. At least we have dry heat, no humidity. Can't believe Arizona temps. I shouldn't complain! 

Contributor

To one and all:  Please be careful in this weather and hydrate as much as you can.  And if you have any elderly neighbors, check in on them.  I live in the DC area where we are only going to the low 90s today.  I try to not even imagine 120.  I doubt very seriously that I would be venturing out of the house very much.  Take care one and all.  

Valued Contributor

Hi Kachina 624 - I'm in So. Cal and yesterday we hit 108 at my house with 1% humidity - I've never seen the humidity so low, but I guess that's better than 108 with humidity.  It's 2:40 pm and we are again at 108 with 9% humidity.  My daughter lives in San Antonio, Texas and it's very hot and humid which is normal for that area.

They are predicting slightly cooler tomorrow - I wish our sea breeze would re-appear.  The weather prediction is for a hot summer in the Southwest.  I grew up in N.J. and moved to So. Cal in 1959.

It seems the older I get, the less tolerant of the heat I become.

Let's pray for relief !!!!