Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Hit 117° at 4 pm in my neighborhood...........my a/c would only take it down to 90°.................and Kitty The Fuzz wanted to cuddle.   OMG......a fur blanket on mother cat...............(!)

I've been thinking  of you @Desertdi and wondered if Phoenix will break it's all-time heat record.  Dogs don't want anything to do with my hot bod.  They haven't been eating much either.  My poor little black sheltie has a very heavy coat and looks so hot.

@Kachina624   I have a "major" dental appt tomorrow from 10 to 12........I think that will be FUN...........compared to getting into a blazing car that's been sitting in the sun for 2 hours.    The record was 122 back in the 80's........I missed that one..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Kachina624, have you always lived there?? Someday, I hope to get out that way...

didn't know you wanted to move @loveschocolate . As you know we were up there around you in Ind. Not that close but a doable drive

LOL

Our lawyer told us "go to Fl" we just nodded and said later "no way"

LOL

No place is heaven 12 months a yr. I'm not crazy about Amarillo, but, the humidity is better then the mid-west. We don't have water bill, since down in my area it's water well. We put in whole house water filter couldn't stand it otherwise best money we ever spent.

Doesn't rain every 5 min like it did up in Ind either. 

Just wish we had more stores to shops, grocery stores too. you got 2 choices United and Walmart. Amarillo, is like 200,000 people , so, it's not a little rat town LOL I miss Macy's. Hard to have anything down here either the lack of rain, high winds, jack rabbits, now we had ants outside till I killed them with boric acid and he sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. The flys are horrible due to all the cows. Seems like always something to fight. We ran off the snakes when we moved in ! 

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Hit 117° at 4 pm in my neighborhood...........my a/c would only take it down to 90°.................and Kitty The Fuzz wanted to cuddle.   OMG......a fur blanket on mother cat...............(!)

@Desertdi...I don't think I could deal with that kind of heat. One of my cats lays in front of the A/C, and the other one wants to lay on me, so I can relate. Smiley Sad

yep, time for a new a/c.   I got a 3 ton and was calling Trane to see if there was any bigger. "No, ma'am unless U go commercial". LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Amarillo is a booming metropolis compared to what it was when I spent the summer of '64 there.  Got married at the AF base and couldn't find a store that had wedding rings.  Wanted to go swimming but no store carried bathing suits.  Didn't have any trouble finding cowboy boots.  LOL.  There was no A/C in the dorms on the base so I ordered a window fan from Sears and was quite comfortable.  There were horny toads all over the place, now they're an endangered species.

I couldn't believe how much it had changed when I was next through there in '98.  I think being on the Interstate had a lot to do with it plus they managed

to acquire some nice industry and jobs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I sympathize with those of you who are already having such high temps.  I used to live in an inland California valley, where it got very hot.

I now live by the coast, but last summer was very warm for us, and it seems it's headed that way again, this year.  Almost no one has AC here, since it has never been needed in the past. 

Honored Contributor

People always seem to have money to eat out. All walks of life seem to be eating pretty well. Lots of restaurents. My fav is Saltgrass Stk. house. Hubbo's is the new Rib Crib that opened up. I still like Dyers the best for BBQ.

I think I'd be happier in Dallas. Little more cultured. People here don't much care for dressing to go to church and such. Those that can afford it don't seem to think it's necessary. Can't let looks fool you, though, LOl If you've ever watch 'GIANT' that pretty well sums up even to this day life in Tx.

People, you think don't have a pot could buy you out and twice over LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi...I don't think I could deal with that kind of heat. One of my cats lays in front of the A/C, and the other one wants to lay on me, so I can relate. Smiley Sad

yep, time for a new a/c.   I got a 3 ton and was calling Trane to see if there was any bigger. "No, ma'am unless U go commercial". LOL

@SharkE............yeah.......the a/c WAS on my "list".......but I gotta pay the dentist first.    Major permanent bridgework replacement.....$$$$..........eat or stay cool...........FOOD won (!!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Very hot here in SoCal too. We were warned by CA Public Utilities Commission that blackouts are very likely this summer. Praying that doesn't happen because I don't think the elderly could survive 100+ degrees without a/c. 

I came home to my LA apt many times last summer after work to find it measured 92 degrees IN the BR. It usually took 2-3 hrs to get the room temp "down" to 80 with an 8000 BTU unit.

Now living on the central coast about 5-6 miles inland from the beach. It was 65 yesterday, 85 today. Supposed to cool down tomorrow but not the inland valleys.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

LOL guess so. I still got all my teeth and go evey 6 months. Down here in Tx they're strict as snot on your blood pressure when your in the dentist office up in Ind they don't care as long as you pay your bill. LOL

Mine is always sky high in the office I finally found a place that I take in my bp cuff and show them what it is at home and that shuts them up. Made me mad when I first moved here I had to change dentists every 6 months if they hassled me to much. Temporary hypertension, I've been going every 6 months since I was 20 never a problem, come down here and it's a big hassle. (State Board thing of course) I told the latest guy I haven't died yet in the chair let's get on with it. I signed a waiver not holding him responsible and told him if he has to hit me with the IV if it makes him happy.

Respected Contributor

@mickeysgirl wrote:

I live on the west side of Tucson and it's currently 115 on my patio, which is on the east side of my house.  Hasn't been this hot here in several years.  Praying for the monsoon to show up soon.

---------

On weekends like this I do my errands early and after dark, which I kind of enjoy. Our backyard thermometer said 116 earlier this afternoon. We had a huge pre-monsoon storm a week ago Friday and another last Saturday so our plants are happier.  I love the monsoon.