Respected Contributor

Heat wave in Sn. California, broke records.

The last few days it's been in the high 90s here and it actually broke records going back at least 100 years.  It's crazy!  But should start cooling down now.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Heat wave in Sn. California, broke records.

@Big Sister wrote:

The last few days it's been in the high 90s here and it actually broke records going back at least 100 years.  It's crazy!  But should start cooling down now.

What part of CA are you in?  I lived in the San Fernando Valley for forty years, loved every minute, well, except for the earthquakes!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

having lived in San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles for over 30 years, i have seen all kinds of weather.  i do remember a year when New Year's Day was pretty warm and we saw warm weather from then on well into the supposed rainy season that year.  no real "winter" for us.    because it is a desert area, we do have weather associated with a desert climate. 

Honored Contributor

I live in San Clemente.  It has been hot here.  We've lived here for 11 years and I've felt the warm trend.  We finally built a pool because of the heat.  Filled it on Halloween and my boys have been in it daily.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

for me, it would not even feel like thanksgiving if it was that hot. i think we were at about 45 or so in the baltimore area. i like it being cold because you can sit foods in the garage and not worry about space in the refrigerator.

my s/o was in the riverside, ca area for thanksgiving and he said the temperature hit at about 98 degrees! he was picking pomegranates, grapefruits, lemons, and limes to send me from his trees and said he was drenched in sweat.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

What part of CA are you in?  I lived in the San Fernando Valley for forty years, loved every minute, well, except for the earthquakes!!!

@Lindsays Grandma   Hello, I live in Orange County, CA.  I think it got to about 98 degrees in the Burbank area where you were near.  Where are you now?

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   Hello, I live in Orange County, CA.  I think it got to about 98 degrees in the Burbank area where you were near.  Where are you now?

In Mesa Arizona.  We left CA in 2005 but sure miss it.  I worked in Burbank at WarnerBros. Studios and was living in Encino when we moved.  Over a period of 40 years I lived in Northridge, Chatsworth and then Encino.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

This is scary.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

for me, it would not even feel like thanksgiving if it was that hot. i think we were at about 45 or so in the baltimore area. i like it being cold because you can sit foods in the garage and not worry about space in the refrigerator.

my s/o was in the riverside, ca area for thanksgiving and he said the temperature hit at about 98 degrees! he was picking pomegranates, grapefruits, lemons, and limes to send me from his trees and said he was drenched in sweat.

@sunshine45, this was very unusual for us -- records broken all over.

But in general, we do have temperate weather year-round. For those who want a Currier and Ives fall or winter, this isn't your place.:-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45, this was very unusual for us -- records broken all over.

But in general, we do have temperate weather year-round. For those who want a Currier and Ives fall or winter, this isn't your place.:-)

most definitely @suzyQ3......exactly why i stay put during the holidays! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein