Honored Contributor

Re: Heartwarming Story To Start Off Your Week

I think only when we stop pointing to stuff like this and all take it for normal, which it is for MOST of the population, will it be accepted as N O R M A L!  Which I truly believe is the norm.  People are just people.

Respected Contributor

Re: Heartwarming Story To Start Off Your Week

@Mominohio wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I just love this story!   A couple having a baby at the hospital sent out a mass text about it to friends and accidentally sent it to a stranger also.  He and his brother went to the hospital to greet the couple (knowing they were strangers) and welcome the baby with gifts.  I love this story and even doubly so because from the photo it appears that different races are involved -- and  in the south.   Love thy neighbor for real.  The new mom said it best: "If we all only had this kind of a heart."

http://www.people.com/article/strangers-text-newborn-visit

What an odd thing to point out.

Not odd at all.

Has no one paid attention to the news the last couple of years?

The rioting, and police involved shootings? The Black Lives Matter movement? The increasingly hostile relations during the current political primaries?

Many of us in our 'normal' life mix with people of different races, religions, and backgrounds with no tensions or problems, but there is a renewed rift in this country, and it is being propagated for political reasons.

I think it especially wonderful for this story to come out not only as a human interest story, but as proof that (to both sides of the issue) not everyone is caught up in the hate mongering that is stirred up (by a number of groups) and spread by the media.

You MIX???