Honored Contributor

Re: Healthcare Scam Robocalls

Just do a follow up call to the nurses station and speak to your sister's nurse. Tell her what you told us and that you are checking to finding out if anyone from the hospital had called you or was the call a scam call. Get the name of the nurse you speak with. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Just do a follow up call to the nurses station and speak to your sister's nurse. Tell her what you told us and that you are checking to finding out if anyone from the hospital had called you or was the call a scam call. Get the name of the nurse you speak with. 

It wasn't the hospital nurse that called, supposedly it was a nurse from her sisters health insurance carrier.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I would put my life on the line that it was a legit call.  From working for  a large health insurance company, I know that customer service does not have privy to information that nurses do.  They do not keep information on the same system.

That would violate HIPAA laws.

Your CS rep is full of BS.  She gave you incorrect info just to get you off of the line.  Many CS reps do that  if they don't know the answer.  She should have connected you to the nurses line.

If the robo call was about your sister, why would they call you unless it was legit.  What did the call say?

Robo callers just dial random numbers, they do not have people's names.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Why would the OP think that this was a scam? What was the scam? I hope that the Nurse was able to get the info from the other person whose name is on the list that her sister gave them.

Super Contributor

Let me clarify. The machine asked for my sister, not me. First, it asked to verify the phone number, then asked if I was her (which I prompted as a No). Then, it asked if she can come to the phone, which I also prompted as a No). Then I was told there would be a call back, which I have not gotten as yet. When I called United Healthcare customer service and gave them the number that called, the representative checked my sister’s account and he said it was probably a scam. Sorry for any confusion. I appreciate all the responses. It has been a very hard time.