Super Contributor
Today I received a 800 call supposedly from my twin sister’s healthcare provider nurses department at United Healthcare. I checked with their regular customer service and was told it was as probably a scam and there a lot of them going around. My twin is in the hospital. Just a FYI dear QVC community. LadyAlice 🙏😢
Honored Contributor

Re: Healthcare Scam Robocalls

Do you know how or what they were trying to 'scam' you for?

That sounds really odd.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Nurses Department !!!!!!!

Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom - I was unable to find out and I became suspicious. As I stated, United Healthcare rep. told me that there are many scammers that claim to be from United Healthcare and checked her account and found nothing about any legitimate communication from them. There is nothing that scammers will not do and I have no compassion for them.
Honored Contributor

@LadyAlice wrote:
Today I received a 800 call supposedly from my twin sister’s healthcare provider nurses department at United Healthcare. I checked with their regular customer service and was told it was as probably a scam and there a lot of them going around. My twin is in the hospital. Just a FYI dear QVC community. LadyAlice 🙏😢

Does UHC have a nurses department?  Are you listed as a contact for your sister with regards to her health?

If so why are you checking with the regular customer service and not the nurses department?

Honored Contributor

@LadyAlice   Do you have your sister's healthcare power of attorney, or are you listed as her contact?  This sounds legitimate to me.  Why would a scammer call about your sister and not you?  I would check back with some other department at United Healthcare.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

UHC does have a 'nurse' department, but that isn't what they call it.  I have a nurse case manager that was assigned to me when I got my cancer diagnosis.  I get robo calls several times a day from UHC telling me about services I am entitled to.  Since the new law took effect (or a case was overruled--I don't know which it is), I get up to 30 robocalls a day on my landline.  I had to unplug my phone a couple weeks ago because it got so bad.

Honored Contributor

@LadyAlice wrote:
@KingstonsMom- I was unable to find out and I became suspicious. As I stated, United Healthcare rep. told me that there are many scammers that claim to be from United Healthcare and checked her account and found nothing about any legitimate communication from them. There is nothing that scammers will not do and I have no compassion for them.

@LadyAlice 

Oh, I so agree about these POS scammers and wasn't doubting your experience at all, I was just curious what they were using your sister's hospitalization as a scam for, if you knew.

I agree, they'll stoop to the lowest of low to get their scam to work.

Hope your sister is doing much better!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

The call coming from DS insurance would make me call her floor to check.  It is so odd.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter  United Health Care does have a nurses on call program.  They call periodically to see if I have any health related questions or concerns. It is part of  the UHC health plan.