Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Not sure if this post will stay since it involves another online vendor, but I see it as at least a try. Just received a Robo Call saying they were from Amazon and since I am a prime member they were going to be charging my card on file for $299 for my membership. Wasn't buying it so I called Amazon Rep about it.

As I suspected Amazon DOES NOT call their customers, and that IS NOT their charge to be a prime member. QVC Monitors: I am sorry if this is against Community Standards, but I wanted to make others aware of this, which to me, is a SCAM.

hckynut

@hckynut 

Thank you for making people aware of this scam. 

It looks like the scammers updated their spiel .......They used to say that they were going to charge your credit card $299 because the computer security software subscritption is about to expire, and if you don't want the charge to go through call them back to cancel the subscription.....  Maybe they got no takers so they changed it now to Amazon Membership....Oh those scammers....

P.S. We talk about Amazon all the time in regards to todays retail world. We just can't discuss products on sale or sales promotions, give coupon codes or include links to their website....Theres an old thread somewhere in CUSTOMER CARE where the mods clarified that topic....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

Stopping by to say Hello & good wishes to you, Cindy, and kitties.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor
So many SCAM callers. They are stalkers!
Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Wait just one minute!.  

The caller said they were charging $299.00 for an Amazon membership!?  That cannot be the cost of a menbership, is it?  

@this is my nic 

No, that is not the cost of becoming a prime member. Subtract about 60%, and that is close.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

we have  amazon prime and a membership is 119.00 or 12.99 per month. i just looked it up to give you an acurate answer.