Honored Contributor

Re: He's back - Simon Cowell

I'll be glad to see Simon back on the show.  IMO he will add zest to the panel.  Perhaps he will be more mellow upon return for reasons voiced earlier.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

....I didn't know he went away...lol  

Respected Contributor

YESI  YES!  YES!!    I'LL BE WATCHING AGAIN NEXT YEAR.  

Enjoyed Howard, but really enjoy Simon!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

....I didn't know he went away...lol  

Simon didn't, he was always behind the scenes. Now he'll be upfront! It'll be a fun season. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Love Simon!

Respected Contributor

I'm a Simon fan too....yes...he can go overboard and did at times with his brutal honesty....but I think he has toned it down over the years.  

Respected Contributor

The ability of someone performing strange feats isn't very entertaining to me--even if Simon Cowell is one of the judges.

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

The ability of someone performing strange feats isn't very entertaining to me--even if Simon Cowell is one of the judges.

You are sooo right.  I really enjoy the contestants with real talent, but doing stunts on motorcycles and high wires really doesn't do it for me either.  The singers, dancers, magicians, ventriloquists, musicians. These I really enjoy. I would love to see them eliminate the "outdoor" acts, or perhaps have a separate contest for them.  

Valued Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brii wrote:

Why is Howard leaving? 

I like the combination of judges now.

Simon has been behind the scenes of AGT- his name is listed in the credits. I'm glad he'll be upfront now!

I think the Simon 'snark' is just a tv personailty. I saw a live audition of X Factor when it was in the US - the 1st season. This was pre-baby too ....  he was so genuine and kind  to the audience!

With Stern leaving I knew the show would probably no longer  tape on the east coast-  I'm glad I went to so many live tapings this past season. I was even at the finale! I read that Howard just plain 'tired' of  his schedule- and might cut back from the radio show too. Maybe he's considering a semi retirement?

We watched 3 live auditions of X Factor and Simon was very kind to all.  He gave my daughters a kiss on the cheek 2 times which elated them.   I guess this will just leave The Voice for people trying to make it in the music world since Idol is not coming back.  If I am correct in the last statement.

Esteemed Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brii wrote:

Why is Howard leaving? 

I like the combination of judges now.

Simon has been behind the scenes of AGT- his name is listed in the credits. I'm glad he'll be upfront now!

I think the Simon 'snark' is just a tv personailty. I saw a live audition of X Factor when it was in the US - the 1st season. This was pre-baby too ....  he was so genuine and kind  to the audience!

With Stern leaving I knew the show would probably no longer  tape on the east coast-  I'm glad I went to so many live tapings this past season. I was even at the finale! I read that Howard just plain 'tired' of  his schedule- and might cut back from the radio show too. Maybe he's considering a semi retirement?

We watched 3 live auditions of X Factor and Simon was very kind to all.  He gave my daughters a kiss on the cheek 2 times which elated them.   I guess this will just leave The Voice for people trying to make it in the music world since Idol is not coming back.  If I am correct in the last statement.

AGT has had singers in the top 10 - there hasn't been a singer winning in several years though. I think Eugene Landau Murphy  Jr was the last one? WIth Idol leaving,maybe AGT will   have a singer winning again!