Respected Contributor

The winds have brought the smokey haze to Boston. Our meteorologist said that tomorrow should be clearer.  I feel for all the people and forest animals that have lost their homes. It is just horrific. So many animals must have lost their lives.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling NYC issued an "Air Quality Health Advisory: Until 12:00 AM on 7/21. People w/respiratory concerns such as asthma should reduce heavy exertion outdoors."

Respected Contributor

Re: Haze in NYC

[ Edited ]

Philadelphia yesterday and today.

Wildfire haze: Air Quality Alert issued as western wildfires bring smoke  into Philadelphia region - 6abc Philadelphia

The California Wildfires Are Bringing Haze to Philly

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Texas we get the Saharan dust all the way from Africa....The peak of Saharan dust season typically is from late June through August.  Here's my city---

After spending days looming over Texas and the rest of the south, the massive Saharan dust plume is heading out, but not before a San Antonio photographer was able to document the rare visit over downtown in a birds-eye video.

As Emily Litella from SNL used to say, "its always something"..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

No wonder by the time you become a Senior, the world is on Advair or some other inhaler.

Can you imagine from when you were born until now how much of this "stuff" is in your lungs.

Just Crazy.

Respected Contributor

Likewise the top half of Minnesota has an air quality alert from Canadian fires. People who are asthmatic are cautioned to not go outside very long. Hopefully better tomorrow.

This seems to be an annual  occurrence in many US states. I recall Oregon and Washington States were really bad last year and so thick one could not see or go outside. 

Honored Contributor

Our local weatherman said we can expect to see smokey skies every summer from now on. The fires will be around each and every summer. They aren't going to get any better.

Super Contributor

Haze and the smell of smoke here in central NC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our weatherman in NYC said the haze remained but lessened.  Avoid strenuous outdoor activity, wear a mask.  Today said both Canada and Oregon fires were contributing to the haze.  We are expecting storms today, and that should improve the air.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    Lucky you to have IMPORTED dirt.  I only have the domestic variety but lots of it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment