Respected Contributor

Hayrides, apple picking and pumpkin picking.

Most every outfit would be good to wear doing these things according to almost every host.  I don't do any of those things where I live but they sound lovely.  I would never have figured out what to wear doing those things with the hosts help.....

Respected Contributor

Re: Hayrides, apple picking and pumpkin picking.

Are you mocking the hosts from this past weekend..

There was a post talking about the same subject either Saturday or Sunday.

Honored Contributor

Yes indeed.  One must get dressed to the nines for visiting those pumpkin patches and apple orchards.  LOL.  All the hosts on all the shopping channels have pumpin patches on the brain.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been picking apples , love to wear my sweat pants or  my Duluth gardening pants.

Am looking forward to taking my Grandchild to the  local pumpkin patch that gives hay rides and other amusement park fun things to do .  Will likely wear jeans and boots .

Yes, some of the Hosts are  using  examples of apple picking & pumkin picking  to excessively .It's beginnng  to sound like Fri Yay  !

Trusted Contributor

Upper management probably gave all the hosts a list of "talking points" that they must adhere too.   

Trusted Contributor

It always cracks me up when the hosts start talking about hay rides, etc, etc. I used to do stuff like that when my kids were young. I'm 66 and my pumpkin picking days are over. Even my granddaughter is in college. They need to vary their spiel.🎃

Honored Contributor

Surely everyone knows by now that you MUST have a new wardrobe every year to go pick pumpkins and apples.  It must be dedicated to this purpose only. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Smile@Kachina624  Thanks for the laugh.  

The pumpkin patch, apple-picking hayride is just a talking point.  They have used it for years on QVC when selling fall apparel, so it is definitely a talking point the marketing geniuses have determined is effective to help encourage sales of flannel and fleece, etc. 

Valued Contributor

all that sounds terrific in theory ~ but I just can't see ever doing it ~ it's a dream of Fall. I'm picturing a lovely setting with the leaves turning

whoops. I live in California. Not Vermont Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

i get my apples and pumpkins from the local grocery store.....no special attire needed........lol....