Respected Contributor

Re: Hayrides, apple picking and pumpkin picking.

@Spurt wrote:

Here in South Texas in the rural communites around our city there are hayrides and corn mazes...But I think the majority of apple and pumpkin picking is done at the grocery store sorry QVC no one wears a special outfit.

Although we dont have much of a fall/autumn, there are a few pumpkin patches around and some of the money from pumpkin sales goes to charity... 

316444-Puppy-In-The-Pumpkin-Patch.jpg

IMG_5044-500x375.jpg

@Spurt That's a Jack Russell puppy in the first pic! How cuuuttteeeHeartSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Here in South Texas in the rural communites around our city there are hayrides and corn mazes...But I think the majority of apple and pumpkin picking is done at the grocery store sorry QVC no one wears a special outfit.

Although we dont have much of a fall/autumn, there are a few pumpkin patches around and some of the money from pumpkin sales goes to charity... 

IMG_5044-500x375.jpg

@Spurt That's a Jack Russell puppy in the first pic! How cuuuttteeeHeartSmiley Very Happy

@Ladybug724 

Yes INDEEDThat pup is ADORABLE!!!  Heart....and it appears that canines are excellent at picking out the perfect pumpkin since quite a few people bring them along to help make their selection.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

IMG_5044-500x375.jpg

@Ladybug724 

Yes INDEEDThat pup is ADORABLE!!!  Heart....and it appears that canines are excellent at picking out the perfect pumpkin since quite a few people bring them along to help make their selection.....

@Spurt Yesss! He already has his choices made in that pic. He has good taste!

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

It always cracks me up when the hosts start talking about hay rides, etc, etc. I used to do stuff like that when my kids were young. I'm 66 and my pumpkin picking days are over. Even my granddaughter is in college. They need to vary their spiel.🎃

@NEvans2  Im older than you and I love hay rides and picking pumpkins.  No children are necessary to just enjoy an autumn day in the fresh air, doing something a little different and bringing home a pumpkin!

Honored Contributor

@Imtemp your intro RE, just says the seasons are changing.

My big old tree out back now is getting it's red leaves going. The closest tree to the back deck was first to show it's fall colors.  It sure comes quickly.  

Trusted Contributor

My daughter worked at a farm the past two fall seasons and she said it is definitely a 'thing' to dress up; especially amongst the younger Mom's...they do a lot of picture taking.  She said you wouldnt believe some of the outfits.🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

absolutely love this time of the year and it is my favorite season! although it has been in the mid 90s this week, the farms are gearing up for their festivals, and yes, they are fun whether or not you have a kid! it is definitely a rite of passage when you are in elementary school.

pumpkins/pumpkin picking

apple cider making and apple cider donuts

fresh produce and pies

scarecrow making

baby animal petting zoos

mazes

hay rides

and more.....

it definitely is a THING in our area.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i get my apples and pumpkins from the local grocery store.....no special attire needed........lol....

Ohhh Nooo!!

You didn't just admit to doing that! Smiley LOL

You were supposed to say that you were out waiting in the pumpkin patch for the Great Pumpkin to arrive! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Surely everyone knows by now that you MUST have a new wardrobe every year to go pick pumpkins and apples.  It must be dedicated to this purpose only. 

@Kachina624 

And don't forget the coordinating handbag to complete the outfit...its the piece de resistance! ..😉

but they've never suggested what type of hat is appropriate!! lol........

Honored Contributor

It was fun when my kids were little 30 years ago!  I have no desire to go on a hayride or pumpkin picking today.