Honored Contributor

Re: Having A Problem With Turbo Tax Online

@cuddlesmama, I had always used TT on-line and never had an issue.  Then a number of years ago, I started my return and had to stop part way through it.  When I logged back in the next day, it was like someone else's information had been imported into my return.

I had gains and losses from stocks and bonds, gambling earnings and wages that weren't mine.  I deleted everything out and started to use a different program.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Yes, as a fellow Buckeye, you hear what I'm saying about that awful tax form!  Really, the federal was a breeze......I kept thinking I had missed something!  I also hate that I have to fill out an online city RITA filing every year, even though I pay the 2% through my work deductions and the bottom line always comes out to a flat 0. 

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Yes, as a fellow Buckeye, you hear what I'm saying about that awful tax form!  Really, the federal was a breeze......I kept thinking I had missed something!  I also hate that I have to fill out an online city RITA filing every year, even though I pay the 2% through my work deductions and the bottom line always comes out to a flat 0. 

@2blonde, we don't have RITA in my city.  Our city has their own form we have to use, which is also a little confusing.

DH and I both work in the city we live so ours is a wash too but like you, we still have to complete the form and file it every year.  One year I totally forgot about it and had to pay the $25.00 penalty.  Boy was I mad at myself.     

Respected Contributor

i used to use turbo until i accessed the free option and found out at the end the cost was greater than advertised.  when it first started it was easy to use and cheap for fees

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  So they get you no matter what.......I bet they get lots of other people with that $25 too!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

i used to use turbo until i accessed the free option and found out at the end the cost was greater than advertised.  when it first started it was easy to use and cheap for fees.  now i gp thru tax prepayer which is less costly

Respected Contributor

Re: send me a heart notifications seem to be off

Super Contributor

Delete the entire items (1099 entry) and then generate a new 1099.
Respected Contributor

The IRS supports a program for free tax preparation called VITA.   The preparers are IRS trained volunteers.

My uncle used the services for several years. They electronically filed both his federal/state returns for free.  His tax returns were not simple; involved capital gains/losses, RMDs, investiments.  

At the time it was located at his local library.  Please  refer to link below.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:
The IRS supports a program for free tax preparation called VITA.   The preparers are IRS trained volunteers.

My uncle used the services for several years. They electronically filed both his federal/state returns for free.  His tax returns were not simple; involved capital gains/losses, RMDs, investiments.  

At the time it was located at his local library.  Please  refer to link below.  

@Allegheny 

I work for a large county in California and they provide this service for their employees under a certain dollar threshold. I made an appointment and had my taxes prepared for free today on my lunch. 

I was very pleased with this free service. Last year I paid a tax preparer $220.00.