Have you...🤔

[ Edited ]

ever gone shopping and "forgot" to buy the one thing

you really needed?🤔

What was it?

Respected Contributor

I have, but forget what it was.

Trusted Contributor

Yep. Just last week at the grocery store I forgot to buy bread.  

Respected Contributor

Yes-two days ago-it was feta cheese!

Esteemed Contributor

@DesertGems  An onion. I went in to buy an onion and came out with about $25.00 worth of groceries and no onion. It happened to me all the time before I started keeping my shopping list on Alexa. Since then, it only happens if I forget to check my phone before checking out. 

Honored Contributor

Without a list,  I'm in trouble.

Respected Contributor

Yep, happens fairly often. Usually I can manage without whatever it was I forgot, but going strictly to pick up a prescription and walking out with a huge basket of groceries, but no visit to the pharmacy? Oh, that's bad. 

Respected Contributor

Without a list, I'm LOST!!!  I keep a running list on the kitchen counter.  Every time I think of something I need, I write it down.  My mom did this exact thing, so I guess I followed suit.  Thanks, mom; you're the most genuine person I've ever met!!!  ❤❤❤  Looking forward to seeing you again one day.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

An onion, making stuffing for Thanksgiving yesterday & discovered I forgot it. I had a bag of them in my cart but put it back because I only needed one & was worried I'd forget about them just like a bag of potatoes that sat & hatched fruit flies..ugh. Made the stuffing without the 🌰 & it was still really good but I hate forgetting things.

Trusted Contributor

Happened today!  Went to Costco to buy the plastic food wrap, came home with all sorts of goodies, but no food wrap.  By the way, Costco was not busy at all! Guess people were shopping elsewhere.