Esteemed Contributor

Have you or would you skydive?

I hate heights so not in a million years.  Jumping out of a fully functional plane is nuts to me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you or would you skydive?

I do not even fly, so my answer is absolutley NOT!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

No, No, No !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Hell To Da Naw.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of anything which simulates death...!🙃

My luck, I would pass out, so.....

Honored Contributor

I don't like heights so my answer is a big NO WAY!  I will go on a plane, if I have to, but I'm not crazy about that either.  I would, however, like to do a zipline.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Hell To Da Naw.gif

I spit out the coffee I was sipping when I saw this!!! Toooo funny😂😂😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Only in my dreams, and even then it would terrify me.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually I did. That was way back when I was young & foolish and feared nothing. Somewhere here I still have photos of me in my getup....some sort of white coverall, combat looking boots (borrowed no doubt from another jumper), a helmet of sorts and a pack on my back and one on my stomach. I recollect we jumped out of a Cessna and being that the first 3 jumps the chute was automatically opened by some sort of line attached to the plane, that was it for me, 3 jumps (on 3 separate Saturday mornings) and I was out cause after that you had to pull your own ripcord.

I also recall we practiced landings by jumping off of park picnic tables. Something about feet, side of knee, then shoulder......or whatever it was. We also had to practice packing our own chutes. Maybe that's why I quit after the first 3 jumps, didn't trust my own chute packing.

This was when I was living in D.C. and the jumps took place at some field in Virginia. I think I came close to tossing my cookies on the drive there the first time....from fear wondering what I'd gotten myself into. But probably too proud to back out.

The scariest part was that you didn't just jump out the plane door. You had to maneuver yourself out of the plane sort of sideways and hang on to some metal bar type thing that went from I think the wing to the plane and place your feet somewhere out there then watch for the person in the plane to give you the signal then you let go while pushing yourself back into the air. Geez, I must have been nutsy.

Valued Contributor

Always wanted to when I was younger, but had 2 kids and so it seemed really foolish.  Now I’m glad I didn’t.  A relative who got into skydiving and made many jumps eventually injured his back and has lived the rest of his life in excruciating pain.  My friends son was in Army airborne and messed up a knee.  Not worth it.