Esteemed Contributor

Our local channels have WeatherMEN.....but hubby watches the National channels for the women too...

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever noticed?

[ Edited ]

Yes, a lot of them are young, but hey. My doctor is younger than me. So is my dentist. So are over half the people in business I deal with on a regular basis.

When you hit your 60s  you have to realize that your generation is receding and those who follow you are increasing. 

I cut them some slack because when you are young you get to be a bit more daring in your appearance,  although I don't  think long hair and three inch heels are all that daring Woman LOL

I don't care to see women in the news in outdated stuffy business suits.  That was the norm in the 80s and we've moved on.A little fashion is fine by me.

Super Contributor

My daughter and I were talking about that once at a family gathering when my sil interrupted and said "wait, you mean they are there to tell us the weather?"   He was joking of course, but he said it was insulting to him that the networks thought that men were such dunderheads that they would not tune in to the news without the perky eye candy.

One thing that bugs me is when it is 5 below outside, and they have those poor girls on the air in their sleeveless short dresses talking about how f-f-f-reeezing it is out there. And the men are sitting there in their multi-layered suits nodding their heads in agreement.  That is completely unfair to those ladies unless they choose to dress inapproprate to the weather.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Yes, a lot of them are young, but hey. My doctor is younger than me. So is my dentist. So are over half the people in business I deal with on a regular basis.

When you hit your 60s  you have to realize that your generation is receding and those who follow you are increasing. 

I cut them some slack because when you are young you get to be a bit more daring in your appearance,  although I don't  think long hair and three inch heels are all that daring Woman LOL

I don't care to see women in the news in outdated stuffy business suits.  That was the norm in the 80s and we've moved on.A little fashion is fine by me.

Nice thought but I think the only answer to this one is "hotties get viewers." I can't possibly see how that isn't the case. . . just look around.