Honored Contributor

MY BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT (BESIDES THE LOBSTER)

Some may not remember, but a long time ago, I posted that I was hearing impaired. My hubby presented me w/ a gift certificate to the new hearing center that opened nearby. I had been wanting to replace my hearing aids that have the large piece behind the ear with the new smaller ones that are worn completely inside the ear. 

I had become a little self-conscious in the last 10 yrs. that I began wearing my hair shorter in a pixie style (every 6 months or so when I decided what the heck & cut my hair very short). He knew that. 

Anyway, I wanted to share this with my friends. I'm so excited and so surprised. They're quite expensive & we just spent a lot helping to purchase my son's new home, saving for approaching retirement, Mom's big 89th birthday party last week, the flights back & forth to WA to see our daughter who moved there last year from VA/DC area, etc. Ya'll know how expenses build up, no point going into detail.

Re: my lobster dinner for my birthday last night. The chef brought out 3 live ones (kicking & screaming knowing they were headed for boiling water) for me to make my choice. The largest one held his claw up to volunteer and after 90 minutes, I had finished every bite except that yucky green stuff. 

❤️s to all who sent birthday wishes my way yesterday. 

Shanus

Honored Contributor

Re: MY BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT (BESIDES THE LOBSTER)

@Shanus.....what a thoughtful gift from your husband!! He is definitely a keeper.

So nice to read that you had a nice birthday. Family is everything as we get older, isn't it.... I can see how much you love yours and they love you.

Trusted Contributor

belated happy birthday! 🎂 i'm so glad you had a blessed day 😊

Honored Contributor

@ShanusSo glad you had a good day.  Love that present for you.  Maybe it doesn't sound romantic at first, but I'd say not much could be more loving.  Kudos to DH for that gift.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  What a sweet husband!!

Happy you enjoyed the lobster, it sounds yummy.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Happy belated birthday!  I'm quite familiar with the type of hearing aid of which you speak.  My dad wore them and I always had to change the batteries.  Keep them out of the reach of the beagles. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, a belated Happy Birthday to you.  What a nice surprise from your husband.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

That's a fabulous, loving, considerate gift. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Don't think about all the money you have spent in the past year, remember you can't take it with you.  You have been given a perfect gift!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Happy belated birthday!  I'm quite familiar with the type of hearing aid of which you speak.  My dad wore them and I always had to change the batteries.  Keep them out of the reach of the beagles. 

Yes, for sure. Remember when Molly got my glasses this past year & took them outside? That was quite expensive!!! These hearing aids will definitely be out of their reach!! Thanks for good wishes @Kachina624.