Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are in news watching more (as usual) and we noticed that every national network plus large local affiliates (such as Phoenix and LA) only use women who fit a very stereotypical mood as weather women.  They aren't skinny skinny, always look like their bustline is about 38, always wear sheaths, disappear when they turn 45 (max), etc.  The weathermen do not fit a given mold (Al Roker).  Can you say double standard?

Honored Contributor

You're absolutely right, and those sheath dresses are too tight. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Oh yes, I've noticed.  Sex sells, lol.  No more business attire.  I can understand sleeveless but these little tight dress are unnecessary.  And hardly any of them wear slacks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

And these poor ladies wear those deaths even at 8 1/2 mths  pregnant!

Respected Contributor

Yes. 

The dresses are nice but they are almost always too tight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you ever noticed?

[ Edited ]

DH knows the name of every local weather women.... not so much for the newscasters LOL

Honored Contributor

@patbz Totally agree with both of you.  It's not surprising!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

DH knows the name of every local weather women.... no so much for the newscasters LOL

You need to rein him in @Mary Bailey, and just let him watch AL Roker. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

And it's just not the weatherforcasters---did you ever watch ESPN?  Good Lord--- most of them look like centerfolds or Hollywood starlets.  I will admit there are a few who know their stuff--you can tell they're more passionate and better versed about sports than most of the other women.  But between the short, tight dresses, long hair and plunging necklines---and lets not forget the 3" heels---no wonder alot of men --including my husband--watch those shows over and over.  If I say anything to him about it he says------"Oh I'm just trying to get a score"--you know, from that ticker that goes across the bottom of the screen.  Yeah, right.... But it does make me laugh the way he and others act sometimes.

Honored Contributor

It is not, nor has it ever been a level playing field. What is a woman supposed to do when she "ages out ".

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan