Honored Contributor

Re: Have you been visited by someone who's passed?

[ Edited ]

@Mersha The most active time in my life was with the first house we purchased.  We were in the company of young man of maybe 30.  I saw him often as did my youngest son who was born while we lived there.  My other family members never noticed him.

He wasn't scary, but he never hid from us either. 

One night he woke me up when my oldest son fell through the slats on the upper bunk bed and was hanging by his neck in the middle of the night. He used to also move items in the house that were left in places where they could be dangerous...like toys on the stairs.

I tried to find out who he might be, but only hit dead ends.  When we sold the house to a young couple, their youngest son saw him as well.

I get creeped out in antique and second hand stores.  They are full of human spirits.

In our home now that we built, I have spirits visit.  They drive my dogs crazy.  I once asked them to go away and I suppose they got angry.  When we went to bed, we noticed the paddle fan light in our bedroom was mangled and broken..the pieces were on our bed and on the floor.  My DH was clearly upset by this.

My son lives alone and his house has visitors as well.  He hears them talking, and was tapped on the shoulder a few times.

At my son's house and mine, we have to keep electronics pugged in charging at night. If we don't,  the batteries will be dead by morning. Spirits drain the batteries use the energy. My son has had two phones that were ruined and had to be replaced because he forgot to leave them plugged in.

There is a lot more.  My son is used to it and doesn't mind.  He wants to communicate with them...not me.  So far we have only had human spirit visitors, but I am afraid evil entities could come as well. I pray every night and ask God to keep us safe and evil away.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had several experiences since my husband passed.  The most recent one occurred when I was in the shower, which has sliding glass doors.  The door kept sliding open.  I would shut it and would slide open again.  I asked my husband if that was him and told him I needed to get ready.  The shower door stopped opening.  A little while later in the shower I told him I missed him, and the door opened again. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Mersha The most active time in my life was with the first house we purchased.  We were in the company of young man of maybe 30.  I saw him often as did my youngest son who was born while we lived there.  My other family members never noticed him.

He wasn't scary, but he never hid from us either. 

One night he woke me up when my oldest son fell through the slats on the upper bunk bed and was hanging by his neck in the middle of the night. He used to also move items in the house that were left in places where they could be dangerous...like toys on the stairs.

I tried to find out who he might be, but only hit dead ends.  When we sold the house to a young couple, their youngest son saw him as well.

I get creeped out in antique and second hand stores.  They are full of human spirits.

In our home now that we built, I have spirits visit.  They drive my dogs crazy.  I once asked them to go away and I suppose they got angry.  When we went to bed, we noticed the paddle fan light in our bedroom was mangled and broken..the pieces were on our bed and on the floor.  My DH was clearly upset by this.

My son lives alone and his house has visitors as well.  He hears them talking, and was tapped on the shoulder a few times.

At my son's house and mine, we have to keep electronics pugged in charging at night. If we don't,  the batteries will be dead by morning. Spirits drain the batteries use the energy. My son has had two phones that were ruined and had to be replaced because he forgot to leave them plugged in.

There is a lot more.  My son is used to it and doesn't mind.  He wants to communicate with them...not me.  So far we have only had human spirit visitors, but I am afraid evil entities could come as well. I pray every night and ask God to keep us safe and evil away.

@Carmie  Thank you for your response and sharing your story!

Did your parents or any other family members, besides your son, have these experiences?

It must have taken a lot of work on your part to be able to cope with this.

I wish your peace, Carmie.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha   As far as I know, no one else in my family experiences this.  Maybe they did and didn't say anything.

For years, I didn't tell anyone.  People would think you were lying, were crazy or on the side with the devil.

Sometimes people think I am nuts, but my son knows better as does my husband now.  He was skeptical at first, but he has seen first hand how the electronics are drained, lights going on and off, articles thrown, the broken light and the dogs getting excited and alerting him.

One of my dear friends also is aware because she is so " blessed" as well.  She doesn't see anything except orbs ( I have never seen orbs) she, like my son hears spirits too.  I see, but have never heard them.

She actually will visit places on purpose and gets called out to haunted places with like minded people..  She really is into this stuff and has tried to get me involved for years.  No one in her group can see spirits, they just hear them.

I steer clear, but apparently, if the spirits want something from you, they will try to communicate.

I also think there are many, many souls that for some reason never passed over correctly and are hanging around...like the young man who lived in my house for years. They are poor lost souls.

I am not afraid of them as long as they are human spirits.  

I do welcome my deceased family members, but only my father has visited while I was awake.  My mother and brother only come in my dreams, but it has been a long while.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  Yes, I would be careful in what someone else thinks you should do.

Whatever you do , NEVER visit  Gettysburg, PA!   You would be inundated with all sorts of things.  There is quite a bit of paranormal acitivity associated with it.

We walked one of the battlefields on a cold November day.  It was very overcast, not many people around.  I wandered away from DH taking in the surroundings.  I glanced to my right and there, sitting on a large rock, was a blurred vision of a Civil War soldier.  I got out of there quickly. 

It shook me up so much that I will never go back.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Frequent Contributor

My mom passed away 16 years ago, after she passed we couldn't find her jewelry; my dad looked everywhere.  A few months later, I dreamt of my mom, she was pointing to my lingerie chest.  I told my dad, he checked all his dressers, nothing.  I was looking in my big dresser for something and found all her jewelry.  I didn't live with them, have no recollection of her ever putting it in there.  I had another dream of her on the first anniversay of her death, I told her I wanted to go with her; she said I couldn't yet, I was heartbroken.  I woke up right after it, I checked the time to see if it was around the time she passed; it was a couple of hours after her passing time.

My dad passed away this February, I'm stressing over getting his affairs taken care of.  Dreamt of a dog, its owner & a dog catcher, my dad was running with his dog (who went to Rainbow Bridge a few years ago); he was comforting the guy who had his dog taken away; telling him "don't worry, everything will be okay".  Afterwards, I realized my dad was running, he had been in a wheelchari for quite a few years. When I told my siblings about my dream; my brother said his grandson (who was extremely close to his great-grandfather) had dreamt of him and he also told him "erverything will be okay".

Regular Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Whatever you do , NEVER visit  Gettysburg, PA!   You would be inundated with all sorts of things.  There is quite a bit of paranormal acitivity associated with it.

We walked one of the battlefields on a cold November day.  It was very overcast, not many people around.  I wandered away from DH taking in the surroundings.  I glanced to my right and there, sitting on a large rock, was a blurred vision of a Civil War soldier.  I got out of there quickly. 

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one to have a memorable Gettysburg experience.  We stopped there way back in 1972 when I was 17 while on a high school marching band trip to march in the Cherry Blossom Festival parade.  It was a cold, cloudy day in April and the last thing on my mind on that trip was ghosts but when we got out of the bus and walked around the hair on the back of my neck stood up and the whole experience was best described as eerie but t didn't actually see anything. There is some serious energy happening there. I've never felt like that anywhere else EVER but I would love to go back but only in the daylight!

Esteemed Contributor

I had a dream my Father died and a few hours later was told he died.  I'm convinced he was thinking of me when he died. He was only 58.  Loved him so,and still miss him.

I had a dream about my MIL shortly after she died.  She was standing in front of me holding a little brown dog (she loved dogs.)I told her she looked great and she said she felt great.  She had had a leg amputated before her death but as she stood in front of me she had both legs and was young,beautiful and glowing.  A message from her she was at peace,I think.

I've had many prophetic dreams.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@PJinIA,

I will never forget visiting Gettysburg either. I didn't see anything either but there was a feeling there of many long gone that I've never felt anywhere else.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PJinIA wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one to have a memorable Gettysburg experience.  We stopped there way back in 1972 when I was 17 while on a high school marching band trip to march in the Cherry Blossom Festival parade.  It was a cold, cloudy day in April and the last thing on my mind on that trip was ghosts but when we got out of the bus and walked around the hair on the back of my neck stood up and the whole experience was best described as eerie but t didn't actually see anything. There is some serious energy happening there. I've never felt like that anywhere else EVER but I would love to go back but only in the daylight!

@PJinIA   I am not surprised that you felt as you did there.  The "vibe" is incredibly unsettling.

When you think of all of the men that died so violently there it is frightening....so much negative energy.  It left me so rattled that I never want to return.

There have been a number of shows on TV about the Gettysburg experience as it relates to paranormal activity.  They have all sorts of events and tours there during October for Halloween.

The little town of Gettysburg is quaint and interesting but I will not be back any time soon.